No eating after six!

Options
natalee754
natalee754 Posts: 9
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
So one week so far; no eating after six
It's not so bad until I sit down to watch tv
That's when I start to cry internally..... All those juicy commercials come up, burgers, salads, steak, fries lord the Fries .... Mouth watering.... And me ... Just sitting there drinking my water imaging a juicy steak with a baked potato...but hey so close to my goal lost like 6 pounds already so I'm okay with the suffering #ihatepeoplewhodontneedtodiet

Replies

• keyshas84
    keyshas84 Posts: 113
    Options
    I gotta try doing the no eating after six again I did it like eight years ago and it worked really well and I lost weight very quickly but I also took like a five mile walk before it got too late and that helped out really good too I got to do that again it's awesome!!
  • natalee754
    Options
    It feel amazing in the morning too !! :)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    You don't need to "suffer" to lose weight hon. Meal timing doesn't matter at all.

Trust me. I've lost 72 pounds eating at late as I want. I don't feel bad in the mornings, either.

My 2 cents.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    You don't need to "suffer" to lose weight hon. Meal timing doesn't matter at all.

Trust me. I've lost 72 pounds eating at late as I want. I don't feel bad in the mornings, either.

My 2 cents.
    ^^^^^exactly.

Maybe adjust to eat more calories at night. I hate going to bed hungry so I save mine for the evening.
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I can only train at night due to lots of work and two toddlers. In fact, just about finished digesting my dinner and about to work out. (21:30). So this wouldn't work for me at all, both from the fueling/recovering point of view.

On the other hand, I've never been hungry in the morning. Right now I only eat whatever leftovers look good from the kids' plates. Often nothing. No big deal.

Do what works. In my case, eating in front of the computer when tired is the main bad habit. And that said, when at a proper deficit (1 lb loss/week or more) I definitely I'm a bit grumpier than usual.
  • UncreativeMe123
    UncreativeMe123 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Personally I think timing does matter.....I have to have something light before bed that has protein and carb else it will contribute to poor sleep. I've also heard people say that eating at night does the opposite of what it does for me, so experiment and see what your body prefers and just go with that :) Also regarding the commercial cravings, since cravings and hunger/need to eat are different, then it doesn't necessarily mean you should be eating, it just means that something sounds good that you might binge on (if you're like me :)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Personally I think timing does matter.....I have to have something light before bed that has protein and carb else it will contribute to poor sleep. I've also heard people say that eating at night does the opposite of what it does for me, so experiment and see what your body prefers and just go with that :) Also regarding the commercial cravings, since cravings and hunger/need to eat are different, then it doesn't necessarily mean you should be eating, it just means that something sounds good that you might binge on (if you're like me :)

If it upsets your stomach or sleep, that's understandable. But from a pure weight loss perspective, it doesn't matter.

My 2 cents.

Well put. I also budget calories for an evening snack.

I also work shiftwork and eat late/right before bed.
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good that it's working for you. As for me, I lost 45 pounds (My first trip a couple of years ago) having a snack around 8:30 - 9:30 PM. I concur with those that say it doesn't matter when you eat, as long as your stay within your macros. And, just for the record, I always feel great in the morning... as long as it's after 9:00! :)
  • ritamartinez92
    Options
    natalee754 wrote: »
    So one week so far; no eating after six
    It's not so bad until I sit down to watch tv
    That's when I start to cry internally..... All those juicy commercials come up, burgers, salads, steak, fries lord the Fries .... Mouth watering.... And me ... Just sitting there drinking my water imaging a juicy steak with a baked potato...but hey so close to my goal lost like 6 pounds already so I'm okay with the suffering #ihatepeoplewhodontneedtodiet

• ritamartinez92
    Options
    I don't eat after 6:00 neither been doing it for a good while I'm already getting use to it and I drink lots of water.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    If it works for you then that's great. The diet/nutrition plan that will work best in the long run is whatever is sustainable and can fit easily in to your life style. Within reason, it does not have to be hard or you should not have to suffer. I save most of my calories for later in the day (I intermittent fast and get tired and sluggish if I eat too much in the day). For this reason I eat about 2500 calories between 7-10pm every evening. I go to bed, full, satisfied and tired and still feel fuelled the next day until the evening. Everyone is different though.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what those that don't eat after 6 do if they get invited to a party and dinner doesn't start till 6:30.

Reality is that the body doesn't recognize time when it comes to consumption of food. It just knows about breaking it down to be absorbed.
    The fallacy behind eating after 6-7pm is because most people who meet their calorie goals by then and continued eating till bed just added up the calories in surplus. If one surplused before 6pm, they wouldn't lose weight.
    The point is that if one had 300 calories left to eat on the day and ate it at say 10pm and went to bed fine at 12am, there really wouldn't be an issue if they were still in calorie deficit by the end of 24 hours.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png