If you are REALLY hungry are you eating enough?

Options
Hi everyone,

I've been eating at TDEE -20% for about three weeks now. I eat about 1600 calories a day and am 8 pounds from my goal. It's not my TOM but the past few nights I have been so hungry about an hour after dinner. It's actual hunger pain too. Does that mean I'm not eating enough?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It depends a lot on what you eat. If you eat 1600 calories of junk or processed foods, you won't be as full as if you eat 1400 calories of healthier, cleaner foods.

That, and we're women, and some days in your cycle you just get hungry, lol. For me it's around ovulation usually.
  • strum261
    strum261 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have what I call hungry days. I try to eat healthy 6 days a week, but a few times a month, it seems like I can't get satisfied. I drink water, and try to eat something higher in protein, but what usually does it is something a little higher in fat. I find better success when I have a day a week where I eat a meal that is higher in calories and or fat. I would try different foods and see what satisfies your hunger, if it seems to be every day, then you probably need to eat more. Good luck.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    If I am having a hungry hungry day I give myself permission to eat at maintenance for the day.

Logically it will only delay my hitting goal by one day.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    With 8 lbs to go you could try changing your TDEE cut from 20 to 15 or 10 to move you closer to maintenance and give you a few extra calories to work with.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I used to tell myself that if I really felt hungry I must need to eat. Wrong!!!!

Even after a couple of years of maintaining my weight I still have times at night when I really feel hungry, with hunger pangs and all.

I am definitely eating enough.