Help

Options
I was 5'4'' 123 lb. Then I went to college. I now weigh 131, I feel disgusting, as though I am ugly and am never going to find a boyfriend. I feel pathetic. Please help me.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    An eight pound weight gain shouldn't make you feel disgusting and pathetic. You are still in the normal weight range. But if it bothers you, you can take it off. Use the tools here to create a calorie deficit and go from there.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should talk to someone about your body image issues
  • AlmostAislinn
    Options
    I just look around me and feel like most girls my age are thinner than I am, and there's no way on Earth I can measure up.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I just look around me and feel like most girls my age are thinner than I am, and there's no way on Earth I can measure up.

I am not sure where you go to school, but I don't think most women your age are thinner than you. And even if they were (which seriously, I don't think they are), you are more than your weight.

But again, if you want to lose seven pounds, why not use the tools here to start making that happen?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Stop comparing yourself to others and work on you. Until October, I was over 200 pounds for my entire adult life. I never once looked at someone who was stick thin and suddenly hate myself because I wasn't skinny like them. The average American woman wears a size 14-16, so no, not everyone around you is. In fact, you're still at a healthy weight. And trust me, not very many boys will be interested in you if you keep putting yourself down.
  • benboyd85
    benboyd85 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't think that any guy you would want to date would care that much abut 8lbs, but the good news is that is not a lot of weight for you to lose if that is going to help you to feel more confidant again.