Please help determine my activity level

Hello! I would like some opinions on what my activity level would be classified as to have a clearer picture of TDEE. I own a BodyMedia link and it averages 2,500 calories a day (higher on weekdays, lower on weekends) I've been averaging 1800 calories consumed a day and my BodyMedia has estimated that I will lose 1.5-2.0 pounds a week based on the estimates. This is not happening. Very occasionally (Memorial Day weekend) I had to estimate what food I ate as we went to a lot of restuarants that did not provide nutritional information but 95% of time I weigh my food, count everything from soda, spray butter, cooking oils, gum, etc. When we go out I always try to go somewhere that provides nutritional information and not consume the entire plate in case of additional cooking oils/butters, extra portions, etc. When we get fast food I weigh the meal if the website provides grams per serving.

My Stats:
22 years old
female
5'7
154lbs

Here is my activity details:

Monday-Friday
I have a desk job and probably walk 500 steps a day during working hours walking to the printer, to coworkers' desks, etc. (basically, not active)
I walk my two 15 minute breaks and my hour lunch

I get 10,000+ steps / 2 - 2 1/2 hours of moderate activity

Weekends:
I try to stay active but average 6,000 steps a day

I was running 3-4 times a week (3 miles each run)
i have now switched to strength training 4 times a week, 36 minutes each (You Are Your Own Gym program) I will probably fit in a 3 mile run once or twice a week.

MFP estimates that a highly active person burns 2,300 calories and I do not meet the description of that at all. I am starting to doubt that I burn 2,500 calories with my above activity.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Replies

• TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Also, I'm losing about 0.5lbs average per week but these last three weeks the scale hasn't moved in my favor despite staying at a deficit of 5,250 calories per week (average) according to my bodymedia.
  • TheStephil
    anyone?
  • TheStephil
    bump
  • acullen31
    acullen31 Posts: 87 Member
    I work for a Doctor who recommends MFP to all his patients. He always say's that regardless of your activity level to put sedentary. It gives you a lower calorie amount to work with. Just a little extra help with weight loss.
  • TheStephil
    I work for a Doctor who recommends MFP to all his patients. He always say's that regardless of your activity level to put sedentary. It gives you a lower calorie amount to work with. Just a little extra help with weight loss.

That would provide me a calorie goal of lower than my BMR and would cause my body to hold onto my calories. My body does not do well with that little amount of calories. Thanks for the suggestion though.