FitBit or JawBone?

Options
which is better, or are they even in the same category? Differences? Pros and cons?
I'm new to the technology side of fitness. I was just curious. Thanks in advance?

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I’ve only used the fitbit and really enjoyed it. I am not sure there is much of a difference (although seeing a new jawbone yesterday at the store, they look a little more stylish).
  • sugarpuff29
    sugarpuff29 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a jawbone and think it's brill got it for Christmas and have lost a stone so far. It tracks ur steps sleep and calorie intake. U can set a amount of steps u want to do each day and it vibrates if ur sat for too long
  • DropkickkMurphyy
    DropkickkMurphyy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That's pretty interesting. I'll look into it. Thanks!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have both. My UP24 broke last month, and I'm still waiting for a replacement from Jawbone.

Also, UP requires a compatible smartphone or tablet, while Fitbits can sync (via a dongle) with a computer.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I've had the Up24 since December and haven't had issues. Read articles that say steps are more accurate than Fitbit. It syncs with MFP for food logging. An awesome feature is a vibrating alarm. I sleep with earplugs and set an alarm which makes the band vibrate to wake up.
  • Lotusgirlruns
    Lotusgirlruns Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My Jawbone UP has broken twice! Thank goodness I bought the replacement plan from Best Buy (Canada), I have just sent it back and am waiting for a "gift card" for the store, in the amount I paid for the band. Don't buy Jawbone, they are not very sturdy - I treated it well, and it just did not hold up.