Anyone else sabotage all their efforts by drinking wine?

Options
2»

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i love wine. i'm a spaniard. i even make it myself. but too often i pour myself a too big of a glass of wine at dinner, and then that turns to two glass, oh and my wife didn't finish her second glass so i'm gonna drink half of that... before you know it it's 500 calories of wine.

lately, i've had to force myself not to have wine. i know that a little bit can be good for you, and it is, but at the moment i'm trying to cut some weight. i still drink on occaisions though...

right now, these are my rules for alcohol-
    1) Only drink on days with "s" in it- Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
    2) only drink twice a week
    3) only drink two drinks
  • enoughisenough9
    enoughisenough9 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've never even considered calories from alcohol - I suppose that's one good thing about being raised by an insane alcoholic, it puts you off alcohol completely! The only advice I can give is to just not buy it, the only drinks I buy are diet or zero calorie drinks, then there's no temptation!
  • zippyjojo
    zippyjojo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys - food for thought ..,
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I still indulge in a glass, or two, of wine. If drunk moderately, I believe wine has some health benefits. On these days, I try to cut back on something else or exercise more.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Yes. I try to allow for it, but it puts me over sometimes and it's hard to care. *sigh*
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I usually drink once a week, 2-3 glasses. I do not always log it, but I know the calories. This is my cheat dinner.
  • Lady_Layla
    Lady_Layla Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I do this. I need to stop. :-/
  • laurat2422
    laurat2422 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I tried and tried to justify my chardonnay but one glass always led to alot more & then snacks. I had to quit drinking it entirely & surprise surprise! 3 lbs lost in a couple of days! Thats a good motivator and I'm not sure I can ever drink again !
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I drink wine on the weekends and a fair bit, I just plan it and exercise more those days