Stressed about upcoming surgery and job loss...I gained!

Options
I've lost 24 lbs since January 1st. Felt amazing for the first time in a long time. I was going to the gym at least 4 days a week and walking daily. In mid Feb I was told I need surgery to repair my pelvic area and will be down for about six weeks.
In addition to this news, the company I work for is moving our production to another state. I have no choice but to have the surgery now so my insurance will cover it. By the time I will be cleared to go back to work my job will have ended.
I have had no motivation to work out and I'm only half-heartily following my eating plan. As a result. I've gained 4lbs back! Surgery is in a couple of days and I'm so stressed and disappointed in myself for this gain.
Does anyone have some advice on how to keep stress under control and stay on plan when it seems everything is falling apart?

Replies

• lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Pray and turn it over to a higher power. Out of your hands and into his. Meditate and visualize the time when the surgery will be healed and you will be in your new job. It'll be. Only a matter of time. Been There. Know how hard it is. Be strong.
  • Carvin102
    Carvin102 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I will practice visualizing a great job and full healing.
  • silveru214
    silveru214 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Remember how good it feels to accomplish what you have. Don't punish yourself for such a small step back. Also remember... while you may have no control over your needing surgery and your work circumstances... You do have the control over your eating and what path you choose to take next, noone else, just you! Good luck and just keep your head up because you worked your butt off to get every one of those pounds you lost :smile: Just another bump in the road now.
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Your gain is small and manageable! It will be back off in no time!

I'm sorry about everything that is going on for you right now. Just try your best to stick to eating at a deficit and you will be fine.