Endomondo

Options
kbcara
kbcara Posts: 105 Member
Hi. I have a Fitbit which automatically adjusts my calories for day to day pottering about. I log my food and drink on MFP. But I recently just downloaded Endomondo app for use when I am running or doing long walks etc. [in which case I would leave Fitbit at home]. But since I downloaded & synced, Endomondo keeps putting massive calorie adjustments onto MFP e.g. 20 mins walk, when I've only walked to/from car! [which I keep then needing to delete from MFP]. Surely it should only sync when I've opened app for use, not all of the time!? Any clues? Thank you.

Replies

• dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Endomondo works fine for me, I wonder if you left it on, so it is continuing to count your calories. I don't know. Maybe try un-installing the app, then re-install it.
  • kbcara
    kbcara Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yes I tried the unistall/reinstall method. I checked into it and I haven't pressed play so nothing is running but then around once a day it just decides to tell MFP I've been walking!? [when I haven't]. Obv. I can completely uninstall it but it would be a shame not to be able to use it when I want to. Grr.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    The only issue I've had is that it seems to put my caloric burn higher than it should be. I decided to tell it I weigh a lot less than I do to make up for it.

I've noticed on some of the challenges, some people are claiming huge caloric burns. I doubt I will ever come close to winning a challenge. I like to keep mine under 800 calories per workout.