Fried sweet potato is not bread.

Options
2»

Replies

• MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    That looks really good to me. If you don't want it, I'll eat it.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Two sweet potato latkes versus 2 slices of whole grain bread? Seriously? Which fast food chain replaced the bun with two fried chicken patties? Or have you seen the ad on food tv where the guy makes a sandwich with two falafel waffles for the bread? All these seem to be of the same theme but none of them is a weight loss or health magic bullet.

Who represented this as a magic bullet? It's a recipe. If it fits your needs and taste, try it. If not, make something else.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You are correct. Fried sweet potato is NOT bread. But fried sweet potato IS delicious, so I'd stuff this in my face.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh, it wasn't the fried sweet potatoes that were a substitute - it was the olive oil that should've been butter. Paula Deen called and she ain't happy.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    maybe they dont want a sandwich
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    This actually looks delicious, lol.

I agree. I love poultry and sweet potatoes together. But, it would have to be really messy if eaten with your hands. As good as it looks, I agree with the OP, it's not a sandwich. I'd fork it.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't call it a 'substitute' as just another type of sandwich. That looks delish.