coffee lovers unite! need tips because I will not give up my coffee :)

Options
2»

Replies

• Keliandra
    Keliandra Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Keliandra wrote: »
    One cup, every day. 8 oz coffee, 3 tbsp heavy cream, 3 tbsp coffee mate creme brulee, 1 tbsp butter. That and 2 scrambled eggs is my breakfast.

Is the butter for the coffee or the eggs?

The coffee...unsalted of course!
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I was drinking a little bit of coffee with my creamer and it was soooo good! Seriously I would make a cup of coffee and just pour that creamer in until it was a creamy whitish color. I was probably pouring in at least 300-400 calories of creamer into each cup 3x per day. I was addicted big time. I slowly started cutting back on creamer until I got to where I am now which is 1 tbsp of baileys caramel creamer and a splash of stevia per cup 2x per day. 75 cals daily on coffee is my max. If I tried to drink it like I used to now I would probably gag lol
  • greaseswabber
    greaseswabber Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    One cup, every day. 8 oz coffee, 3 tbsp heavy cream, 3 tbsp coffee mate creme brulee, 1 tbsp butter. That and 2 scrambled eggs is my breakfast.

Is the butter for the coffee or the eggs?

The coffee...unsalted of course!

I had no idea butter in coffee was a thing. You, and Google, have helped me learn something new. Thanks!
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee black and dark like my soul... ;) Every day I'm glad that I don't have to count more than 3 calories and I get to keep this vice.
  • just2cute72
    just2cute72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Too crazy....I struggled with the EXACT same thing. My coffee's were filled with cream and sugar...always from Dunkin Donuts. lol I drank about 3 extra large coffees from DD every day. I was pretty much drinking all my calories for an entire day in those three coffees alone. First thing I did was stop going to DD completely. I buy the DD kcups and use those. My alternative is I use the sugar free Hazelnut liquid creamer and that's all I put in it. I just had to give up the sugar cold turkey because no matter what I tried, (and believe me, like you, I tried everything to get it to taste close to what I was used to) nothing at all worked. That was about 2 months ago now and I now prefer my coffee this way. I went from a 400+ calorie coffee to a 90 calorie coffee. :smile:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Morning coffee is two tablespoons of half and half, and two packs of sugar in the raw. Later in the day depends on what I have room for. Sometimes it's black with cinnamon, sometimes it's a splash or milk, sometimes just sugar. etc.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    When I started, I was so anxious about my sugars. I was out by 10 a.m. every day! Everything I eat seems to be full of sugar, even if I try to be "healthy." Someone on MFP explained why it wasn't absolutely necessary for me to obsess over every single macro - and that, barring unusual lab results or conditions (I have none), I should proceed with doing the best I can to improve and diversify my diet choices, reducing sugar where I can. I changed my displayed macros so I would stop beating myself up every day. I run regularly and eat worlds better now than I was doing a year ago (and the other 42 years).

Sugar smooger. I love my coffee. I love it just the way I make it. It brings me joy in the morning. So, as long as I can make the calories from the sugar work, I don't worry about the fact that they're coming from sugar. It's only a fraction of my day.

ETA: this is the link to my thread about sugars when I started ... I found it useful and I've been able to continue along this journey *happily* which is the key to success for me ... http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10043793/out-of-sugars-by-10-a-m/p1
  • jenniferann320
    jenniferann320 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Too crazy....I struggled with the EXACT same thing. My coffee's were filled with cream and sugar...always from Dunkin Donuts. lol I drank about 3 extra large coffees from DD every day. I was pretty much drinking all my calories for an entire day in those three coffees alone. First thing I did was stop going to DD completely. I buy the DD kcups and use those. My alternative is I use the sugar free Hazelnut liquid creamer and that's all I put in it. I just had to give up the sugar cold turkey because no matter what I tried, (and believe me, like you, I tried everything to get it to taste close to what I was used to) nothing at all worked. That was about 2 months ago now and I now prefer my coffee this way. I went from a 400+ calorie coffee to a 90 calorie coffee. :smile:

Interesting approach. I'm not quite to that point but I can definitely relate. Glad to know I'm not alone lol
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    a sort of unrelated comment: Wawa coffee is the BEST (after mine). Nommm ... :) Good morning!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I use a 2-cup coffee mug. I use 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and one and 1/3 packet of sweet and low and about 1/3 cup of fat free milk in my mug. It seems like that little bit of sugar helps it not taste so artificial sweetener sweet and more like real sugar. I'm like you...I've given up or cut back so much. But my coffee? NO WAY!!!!
  • sbuie140
    sbuie140 Posts: 1
    Options
    Soy Latte is my Drink! Loving my new espresso machine (purchased to keep me away from Starbucks) Silk Vanilla Soymilk (100 calories / 8 grams of sugar) with two shots of espresso. Love it!!