Healthy uses of heavy cream? Is there such a thing?

Options
futurecowvet
futurecowvet Posts: 19 Member
Recently some friends begged me to make a cheesecake if they covered half the costs. Seeing as I love baking I agreed, however now I'm stuck with 1 and 1/4 ish pints of heavy cream (my friends decided I got to keep the extra ingredients since they don't bake and also didn't realize that I only needed 10oz of heavy cream).

The only things I use heavy cream for is cheesecake and I also know with exams coming up if I have this heavy cream and/or cheesecake already in my apartment then all my efforts at dropping weight will go down the tubes (plus my friends have now gotten their cheesecake fix and don't want anymore).

Are there any healthy uses for heavy cream? It averages 80+ degrees where I am with 80-90% humidity so the thought of soup is rather unappealing. I just hate to waste this much.

Replies

• allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I put a teaspoon in my coffee in the morning. It lasts forever in the fridge; my mom has a carton that's been open for two months now and it's perfectly fine.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's great in coffee, delicious in a rose pasta/vegetable sauce, makes lovely creamy mashed potato, good for scalloped potatoes or potato bake... If it fits your calories, there's nothing wrong with using it up!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    50 calories per table spoon.... No problem and the fats are fine.