BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Wayne and I am from Oceanside, CA!

I started my journey on Jan 5, but didn't discover MFP until Jan 12 through some co-workers.

This November will be my 50th birthday and on my 49th, I was not too happy with myself.

I already knew on Jan 5 when I started, my goal was to be 220lbs by my birthday. I wanted to lose about 2lbs a week until November. I got on the scale on Jan 5 and it read, "OL"...OVER LIMIT!!! I had exceeded the scales weight threshold of 300lbs! That totally crushed me.

I started my own program on my own controlling my portions and when I started MFP on Jan 12, I weighed in on Jan 23rd and found I was down to 295...at that point I had estimated I probably weighed somewhere around 305lbs on Jan 5. If I weighed more, I wouldn't know.

I weigh in every Friday morning and as of Mar 20, I am at 279.5lbs. My total lost is at 25.5 lbs in 11 weeks. An average of 2.3lbs a week. And the interesting thing about this is I haven't restricted anything in my diet...I have been eating normal foods...I haven't cut out anything. Just reduced my portion.

I have completed 30% of my goal so far. I am on pace to lose 92 pounds instead of my goal of 85.

The only exercise I have been doing is walking at lunch time, 1.5 miles a day...but starting April 1, I will be incorporating calisthenics (jumping jacks, push ups, squats...etc.).

MFP has changed my life and it was a blessing that my coworkers told me about it! I didn't even know there was a website with all this valuable information...and a community too? BEST THING EVER!!!

You can friend me on MFP if you want, flab2fab760, and I have my diary viewable to friends as well.

HAPPY TRANSFORMATION EVERYONE!!

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! I'm doing the same as you. Pretty much just eating normally, just staying within the calories. It's nowhere near the work I was doing back when I was trying and failing to lose weight. As long as we keep moving in the same direction, we'll reach our goals.
  • rexyrox
    rexyrox Posts: 27
    Options
    Wayne you are doing an amazing job!! Keep up the good work! I am glad MFP is working so well for you, you will reach your goals in no time and feel great doing it! I envy your results and hope my journey is just as successful. In the past seven weeks I have lost 15 pounds so I'm not doing to bad! Just wanted to give you kudo's you are rocking it good sir!! Best of luck to you in your achievements!
  • flab2fab760
    flab2fab760 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you both!!! Rexy, you're doing an awesome job...2.1lbs a week. THAT'S AMAZING! Keep your drive and focus and you'll be at your goal before you know it!!
  • flab2fab760
    Options
    Paula, you're doing such a great job!! 14 lbs down is nothing to sneeze at!! Just remember...it's a marathon and not a sprint!! Think back how long it took to get to the weight you were at when you started. It will not happen over night, so please do not put extra pressure on yourself or feel defeated if you don't lose every week.

My last weigh in I only lost half a pound. I was jumping for joy. That made me half a pound closer than I was a week before.

Even if you do not lose anything between weigh ins, it's a WIN!

The true key will be what you eat! Make sure your proteins are around 30% of your calories, fats at 20% and carbs at 50%. Liquid food is okay, but solid food will keep the hunger at bay and the higher the protein content, the hunger won't come as quickly.

This site has so many tools at your finger tips, it's incredible!

• XC_Guitar17
    Options
    Hey Wayne!

I'm glad you have made the choice to become healthier and that you found MFP to help you reach your goals. It sounds like you've been doing really well so far. Just keep on keeping on, day by day, and you'll get to where you want to be. And when you face obstacles or setbacks (because life happens . . . ), just remember to use those obstacles as an opportunity to make you stronger. When you can't change your situation, alter your perspective.

It's all about perspective. Stay positive and good luck as you continue your journey.
  • flab2fab760
    Options
    THANKS XC!!