What is your favorite running shoe?

Options
13»

Replies

• gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    bebeisfit wrote: »
    The ones I had fitted at a local running store. I go and have them watch me run every time. Sometimes it's a Brooks shoe or a Mizuno. Go support your local running store,, please!

I agree totally in principle with this. Unfortunately i got conflicting advice and have already purchased 4 pairs of shoes from my local shops. (Including the push back to a neutral show that resulted in immediate reinjury)

Ymmv
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    So I went to the Nike store, they have a 30 day return policy, I'm not sure about these shoes, they (manager) I wanted serious help, and found the ugliest pair in the store and suggested them to me. Ok, looks don't really matter because I am wearing them to run. They could have cost a fortune but they was a little under a hundred bucks, They are the Zoom Structure 18, I guess I should have maybe broken them in a little before going for a run, but I figured they would be ready to go (silly me) so after 9 miles, I have blisters on each side of my foot. I'm not certain this is the shoe I want. I really don't know what I want. This is hard. BLAH... and before running, I would have thought, it's just a shoe, really? Lol :D
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    So I went to the Nike store, they have a 30 day return policy, I'm not sure about these shoes, they (manager) I wanted serious help, and found the ugliest pair in the store and suggested them to me. Ok, looks don't really matter because I am wearing them to run. They could have cost a fortune but they was a little under a hundred bucks, They are the Zoom Structure 18, I guess I should have maybe broken them in a little before going for a run, but I figured they would be ready to go (silly me) so after 9 miles, I have blisters on each side of my foot. I'm not certain this is the shoe I want. I really don't know what I want. This is hard. BLAH... and before running, I would have thought, it's just a shoe, really? Lol :D

Go to a real running shop, not Nike, not Adidas, not Newton, not Sports Authority, etc.
    Find a Fleet Feet, Running Room, etc and go there.

If the shoes caused blisters right off the bat, they aren't the right shoes and you need to return them.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

So I think you're conflating two different issues here; right shoe for your gait and fit of the shoe. The shoe might be right for your gait, but you've overdone it in transitioning from your existing shoe to the new shoe.

When I get new shoes I'll work up from 5Km runs over 2-3 weeks, rather than going out and running 15km for the first usage. Even if they're the same model as I've already got, as I'm reintroducing a shoe with zero mileage to replace a shoe that's done say 400 miles or so.

That said, I have three pairs of road shoes and two pairs of trail shoes that I use in rotation, to avoid hard transitions.
  • Ellie_Dangerfield
    Ellie_Dangerfield Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Asics Cumulus. Awesome shoe if you're a neutral runner (don't over-pronate too much) and like a good cushiony ride.
  • midato
    midato Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hola One Bondi 4
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Since this thread has been brought back to life I wonder what the OP ended up getting? Did they follow the advice here or did they try online or some super shoe store with no runners in the building? Just curious...