How long would it take to lose 5 inches of waist, 3 inches of hips & 3 inches of thighs?

Options
2»

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So you need to lose about 3 clothing sizes. I think it will take about 6 weeks to drop two clothing sizes with your current exercise program...the last inch will likely that take a bit longer.

I've dropped from a 16 to an 8 (borderline 6), and have only lost 2 inches in my thighs. 23.5" to 21.5".

And 6 weeks to drop 3 clothing sizes?? Really?
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Hi...6 weeks to lose 2 clothing sizes based on the OP's exercise schedule.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

Incredible.

When will I lose 3 clothing sizes based on mine?

4 days heavy lifting
    1.5 hours of cardio weekly.

Thanks!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options

She hasn't even posted how many calories she eats, how many exercise calories she eats back, if she uses a food scale, what size she currently wears...
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    haydiz70 wrote: »
    I've lost 24 pounds and only an inch on my waist. Some people lose inches faster than weight. I'm the other way around but I tend to gain weight uniformly and that's the way it's coming off, except for my bra size. That sure decreased quickly. Haha.

I thought I was the only one that lost my boobs
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Incredible.

When will I lose 3 clothing sizes based on mine?

4 days heavy lifting
    1.5 hours of cardio weekly.

Thanks!

In your photo it doesn't look like you have 3 clothing sizes to lose. smile.
  • squirrlt
    squirrlt Posts: 106 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    SiennaL wrote: »
    I currently have

33 Inch Waist
    40 inch Hips
    23 inch thighs?

I would like to lose 5 off waist, 3 off hips and 3 of thighs?

My current workout routine:

30 Minute Boxing Class
    10km Endurance Run
    30 minute elliptical
    +
    Weight traning

I usually do this 5 times a week and variate the elliptical to cycling and on fridays I will usually do a 20km run. So 2 hours of cardio per day, 5 times a week.

I'd say i'm mostly straight up and down but also a bit pear as most of my weight goes to my thighs and stomach. I'm 6ft so I think being tall makes me look straight up and down.

In your experience how long would this usually take?

I think you are actually in the "apple" category based on your waist hip ratio > .80. And your thigh measurement sounds fairly thin for your height! There's a saying, "abs are made in the kitchen", so focus on your diet to lose inches (not just abs, everywhere..) Also, you are doing a TON of cardio (2 hours 5x/wk??? plus those long runs?) I think that is overkill and you may be stressing your body. Stress can cause you to hang on to fat in the belly region, which you mentioned is a problem area. If I were you, I'd focus on my caloric intake, and ease up on the cardio (maybe 20-30 mins, 3x wk, if at all). Maybe replace one of those long workouts with yoga or something relaxing. It's great you are lifting, I'd keep doing that as it will help with body composition.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Well for some perspective, since I started consistently measuring at the beginning of February, I have lost
    1. 1inch from my bust (and that has been a roller coaster of lose some gain some lose some),
    2. 2 inches from my waist (which I hadn't realized until I looked for this post)
    3. and only 0.75 inches from my hips.

So that is about 2 months. If things were to continue at the same rate, which they won't, it would take 3 more months for my waist and 4 more months for my hips. I should note I am 5'4" at 156 and goal weight of 125ish.

But as so many have stated you can't spot reduce. Just jump on the roller coaster, eat at a deficit and lift. You'll be fine.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Like everyone said no one can answer this.
    But based on my experience, I lost 2.5 inches off my waist in 2 months.
    But thats based on a lot of things, such as my body shape, my exersice routine, my diet, had i just pooped etc.