Soda :/

13»

Replies

• 19laurie
    19laurie Posts: 6 Member
    It's really a challenge when you're picky! I am used to drinking Pepsi or Coke with every lunch and dinner, and when I decided to lose weight I switched to one other drink that I actually like - lemonade. Then I realized how much sugar/calories were in lemonade and that it wasn't really a beneficial switch. I can't stand the taste of tea, coffee, or any of the flavored waters I have tried. I also don't like any diet sodas, or Gatorade. Kool-Aid is good, but only when it has just as much sugar as soda or lemonade. I like apple juice too but it also has a lot of sugar. I did find a low-cal hot chocolate mix - only 20 calories and it actually tastes good. But other than that I am stuck with plain water or drinking very small amounts of Pepsi/Coke or one of the other high-sugar drinks I like. I keep trying different types of tea or flavored water, thinking eventually I'll either find one I like or at least acquire a taste for it, but no luck so far! So when I can't stand to drink another cup of water and am craving soda, I just cut back on real food so I can have soda without going over my calorie goal.
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    If you can't fit what you like to drink into your day then find something else that you like to drink. I used to drink pop. I mostly drink water now but I do like to have a pink lemonade or a sobe life coconut water. So good!
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    I stopped drinking my calories weeks ago and I love soda. Diet has been a lifesaver! I love Coke Zero and Canada Dry ten.

It's hard enough restricting calories so I can't afford to spend and additional 200+ on drinks.
  • sparky00721
    sparky00721 Posts: 113 Member
    As was pointed out recently on another thread, even diet soda has a distressingly high level of dihydrogen monoxide. So exercise extreme caution....

Water?
    DiHydrogen Monoxide is the h20...so are just being facetious or are you misinformed?

Well... what about hydrogen hydroxide then? That sounds just as evil as dihydrogen oxide, and just about as plentiful - even in products marketed to children!!!!!!

• mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    As was pointed out recently on another thread, even diet soda has a distressingly high level of dihydrogen monoxide. So exercise extreme caution....

Water?
    DiHydrogen Monoxide is the h20...so are just being facetious or are you misinformed?

There are these things called jokes....
  • BCUONZO
    BCUONZO Posts: 27 Member
    Just drink it as a treat every no and again. I love cherry coke zero and even though its no calories the sodium in it is a killer! So I limit myself to once or twice a week at most. Even then I try to stay away and will drink sparkling water with lemon or strawberries in it.
  • Dax1976
    Dax1976 Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2015
    I totally drink soda for the carbonation! Seltzer water seems like a good tip, I'll try it. Thanks to those who threw that out there
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    If you like soda then include it in your daily diet. If you like diet then also include it in your diet.

What do you consider junk? You have to work on fitting your favorite treats into your daily calories, but if you have foods that you can't control at this time then I would cut them out until you can eat them without eating a whole package or binging.
  • skbrodie
    skbrodie Posts: 81 Member
    I used to drink several cans of coke daily. I cut back to 2 cans per day, then to 1 can per day. I'm now trying for every other day.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    BCUONZO wrote: »
    Just drink it as a treat every no and again. I love cherry coke zero and even though its no calories the sodium in it is a killer! So I limit myself to once or twice a week at most. Even then I try to stay away and will drink sparkling water with lemon or strawberries in it.

There are 42 mg of sodium in a 12 ounce can.
  • Dax1976
    If you like soda then include it in your daily diet. If you like diet then also include it in your diet.

What do you consider junk? You have to work on fitting your favorite treats into your daily calories, but if you have foods that you can't control at this time then I would cut them out until you can eat them without eating a whole package or binging.

By "junk" I mean that I'm addicted to the stuff like a junkie, lol
    I struggle with not guzzling soda by the gallon.
  • Dax1976
    skbrodie wrote: »
    I used to drink several cans of coke daily. I cut back to 2 cans per day, then to 1 can per day. I'm now trying for every other day.

Right on! I have been kinda the same way, except with the 20 oz bottles. Way too much!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Nothing is junk in and of itself, unless you're having it in excess.

Can you fit the calories in your day and still meet your nutritional goals with an otherwise balanced diet filled with a variety of foods? Then have some soda.

If not, then either replace it with diet, or just go cold turkey. For some people, being moderate isn't easy until they go the cold turkey route and "reset" their taste buds. After a few weeks of this, you can usually reintroduce whatever you have trouble with to your diet in moderation. If it's still a problem for you, lather rinse, repeat.

You said it all....

73641431.png