Going backward should I up my calories?

Options
Can anyone advise what they think about this please. .I've lost 21lbs by eating 1200 calories a day but recently have been over by at least 250. I've put on 3lbs, not sure if that's because of the extra calories or what it is. I've been extra hungry as well, it's as though my bodies telling me eat more! I'm worried all my weight will go back on. Any advice would be thanks ;)

Replies

• __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    You will have initial weight gain just from eating a little more than usual, probably the 3 lbs that you've already put on... but then, as long as your new calorie amount is still a deficit, you will continue to lose! Your body is readjusting. You may lose slower at the higher number, however, it's better to make slow, manageable progress than eat too little and be hungry all the time, eventually snapping and binging or quitting. This needs to be sustainable for you.

Hope that helps
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Thanks it's great it's positive feedback, I think I'll try 1450 a day for a month and see if it helps. I'm a bit fed up of feeling hungry! ! Thank you :)