I choose a healthy lifestyle because....

Hey guys I will really like to know why you chose to be healthy.... im sure your story can motivate me as well as others.. we all know the journey of weight loss and getting fit is difficult.. so start with the sentence ' I choose to be healthy because.

Replies

• foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    It's something I legitimately enjoy doing. I love going to the gym, running, and being active.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    I come from a long line of various unhealthy behaviors, I don't want that for myself.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    It's delicious, sexy, and fun.
  • getalife9353
    getalife9353 Posts: 100 Member
    edited March 2015
    I choose to be healthy because... I would like to live to an active, ripe old age without the health problems associate with being out of shape / overweight / obese.
    I want to be active until the end of my life. I don't want to be old and setting around remembering the good times, I want to live the good times right up to the end of my time.
  • mlboyer100
    mlboyer100 Posts: 115 Member
    I have been sick, injured, had hip surgery and been wheelchair-bound off & on for two years. I NEVER want to be like that again! That is why I CHOOSE to get back into top physical shape (for my 67 years) and be healthy again! Life is too short to watch it go by from a sitting position. Staying active and eating healthy is my lifestyle by choice.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Because it is the only one that makes sense
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    I choose to be healthy because... I've been both healthy and unhealthy and I can say that being healthy just feels so much better. I can't keep telling myself 'I'll get in shape tomorrow' because a thousand tomorrows have already come and gone and I haven't done anything about it. And being healthy and in shape is sexy at any age.
  • suefairy123
    suefairy123 Posts: 52 Member
    Thank you all!!! Keep it up!!!! ... you all motivate me to keep going..
  • Marcel182
    Marcel182 Posts: 143 Member
    I choose a healthy lifestyle because : 1) I need to feel like I'm in control of my life; 2) I'm hoping I can inspire others to do the same; 3) It feels good!
  • MsHulkMN
    MsHulkMN Posts: 81 Member
    I love the way I feel after a good workout. plus sex is so much better! :)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    I need to sleep! The only cure for my insomnia is regular exercise and I can't fuel exercise with all the burritos.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    My wife and our kids need me. Plus, my grand parents have lived to 90 and beyond. I want to have a better lifestyle when I'm older (e.g., wipe my own butt when I'm 105).
  • shaunroberts
    shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
    I want to be a good role model for my kids. My lad sees me exercise regulaly and at the age of 4 he is already on the excercise bike. When I go running he wants to come with me :)

• Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    I choose to live a healthy lifestyle because 1) it's good for me, 2) I love myself and my body, and if I want to live long enough to watch my grandkids have kids, then I need to take care of it, and 3) I love my workouts, and I can't imagine my life without them at this point lol.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I've watched my mom's health decline over the last several as she failed to take care of her Diabetes. She's on dialysis now and it's awful. My 25-year old cousin got diagnosed with Diabetes over the summer. I don't want that.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    I choose to live a healthy lifestyle because I don't want to be fat anymore? :\
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    I strive to live a healthy lifestyle because I don't want to be unhealthy.
  • fitpal661
    fitpal661 Posts: 7 Member
    Healthy feels good. Activities don't tire me out. My confidence is up.
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    I was tired of feeling yucky, inside and out. I want to lose weight. I want to look awesome in my wedding dress next month! Especially, because I want to live a long healthy life. Or if its a short one, at least it won't be because I was not eating good. Also, because I LOVE shopping for clothes and I get soooooooooooooo happy when I try something on and it looks awesome on me! It boosts my confidence thru the roof!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    The inches lost speak for themselves, plus I have drastically improved my cardiovascular health - RHR in the high 40s, blood pressure 85/54, HDL cholesterol is very high.