Just joining. Need more hope.

Options
At age 62 I have done every weight loss plan including the Lap Band surgery and 11 years of OA. Recently started Buddhism and the 12 steps and EMDR. Everything worked and then didn't work and now I'm over 300 lbs. I really need to hear from people who have been completely discouraged and then found hope and success.

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Surely the point of MFP is that there are tens or hundreds of thousands of people losing weight consistenly by eating at a calorific deficit. Thats all you need to do if you wnat success. The key is getting the basics right and sustaining it, which will be more about you and how much you eat rather than MFP and calorie counting.
  • sirenkd
    sirenkd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thank you for responding.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Have you ever thought that you may have tried every weight loss plan going, but you havent done them properly. If you want this one to be different then spend soem time learning about what you need to do, get a plan, get advice and then get the right mindset so you commit to putting it into action properly.

• nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Like sirenkd I had tried, with mixed results, many diet plans. I am doing well on MFP for one reason and one reason only, I made up my mind that I was going to do it. Tracking food and exercise is very helpful and motivating especially on days when fluctuations would normally be discouraging. Tracking honestly and consistently keeps you mindful and actually will help you stay away from less desirable food choices such as a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's in one sitting. The only way to lose weight is to work a sensible program and commit to sticking with it through thick and thin, no pun intended.