two part, protien intake... and drinking

Options
First start with the protein, good ways to eat light keep cals down and pack protein into your diet. I have allergies to nuts, and I'm not a huge fan of fish. I eat chicken, but seriously can only take so much!

So, I'm sure I'm not the only one out there, who enjoys a drink, or 12.. So how do you balance fun and fitness?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I log all my alcohol. I find accounting for the calories really helps. I am fortunate in that drinking doesn't make me want to eat more. I try to choose lower calorie drink choices, but if want something else, I will just drink less of it.
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    lean ground beef, bison/buffalo, flank steak. I also use Muscle Milk Light protein powder in smoothies, (They also have a regular version) It is one of the few protein powders I've found that's not processed in a facility that processes nuts *and* it is tasty. Strawberries and Cream is my favorite flavor.

I don't care much for chicken, but I am more likely to enjoy it if I marinate and grill it vs. other cooking methods.

• rich21207
    Options
    Thanks, I will look into the powder, I broke down and bought ground turkey. I've never been a big steak or beef person aside from a burger here and there. I could honestly be a vegetarian if not for my lack of caring. Most everything is usually baked or broiled. Didnt really think abouy grilling, I am going to grab a counter top grill and go that route for some lean meats, I strugle most days to get over 100g of protein, I'd like to hit 200+ if I can.
  • iamfashiontribes
    iamfashiontribes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese for high protein w/o tons of cals. The breakfast I've found keeps me full for a long while is 1 cup of cottage cheese (30g protein) w/a cup of blueberries (fresh or fro) mixed in. I really like the lowish-fat one by that brand Nancy's as it's organic & has no carrageenan. Carrageenan (which seems to be in everything) just doesn't agree w/ me plus what I've read has made me leery of it .