Looking for HELP!!!!

Options
So I have been doing this for a little over a year and I have lost about 100 lbs, as soon as I hit that my weight loss came to a screeching halt!! I am not sure what is going on I have not changed anything....I am eating 1200 cal per day and still nothing. This has been going on for a few weeks and I have no clue what to do.

I have read things bout adding exercise and calories but I have been at 1200 cals for so long I am afraid that if I add to them that I am only going to pack the lbs back on.

If anybody has any advice for me it would be much appreciated I am still looking to lose approx 40-50 more lbs.

Please Help!!! :cry:

Replies

• larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    First off congratulations on losing 100 lbs, that is awesome! Maybe change up your eating a bit, try some new recipes? are you exercising? if not try incorporating some exercise, or change up what you are currently doing. Good luck and hang in there!
  • rebccapalmer
    Options
    I hit a plateau recently so I changed up my exercise. I read about doing intervals and they worked. I am sprinting for 20 seconds, rest 20 seconds- for a total of 20 minutes.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Same here. I dropped about 90 lbs then screeched to a halt and haven't moved since. Partly, it has been work-related issues (it's hard to eat healthy while living out of a hotel in rural places as a vegetarian) and partly it's that I haven't had the same dedication. I had a definite sense of "good enough". I just started insanity this week to try and kick myself into gear, and the extra motivation that has given me has helped curb the boredom eating and all of the unhealthy crap I love so much. I'll be taking my first measurements since I started on Monday, a week into the program, so we'll see how it goes. Find something to shake things up. Your body has caught up to where you are, and it sounds like you've hit maintenance, so you'll need to shock your system with something different to get things moving again. Good luck.
  • frobbit85
    frobbit85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, my biggest concern about adding in exercise is the part about eating more calories.....I am worried that since I have been eating at 1200 for so long that I will pack the lbs back on.
  • frobbit85
    frobbit85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Has any one else mad the change from 1200 cals per day over a long period of time to exercising and eating more cals to make up for the exercise? did you pack on the lbs at first and if so how long did this happen until they started coming off again?
  • j724mecham
    j724mecham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! I think with 1200 calories and the less weight, your body might be just feeling very comfortable. By adding calories AND changing/increasing your exercise (depending on what you already do), it very well might give your body a much needed jolt. When you increase your calories by a lot and don't exercise, then your body stores everything. But when you increase your calories and increase your workouts or change them around, your body realizes such and knows to use those calories to keep your energy going. MVP has me at 1300 calories, but according to my TDEE (the amount of calories your body burns) - 20%, I should be eating about 1900 calories. I'd say it takes a couple of weeks for your body to figure out that you need more of it. Sounds like it's getting too cozy. Good luck!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about increasing your calories, try bumping them up slowly to give your body time to adjust. Add 50-100 calories every week until you're closer to whatever amount you want to reach. That should keep your body from doing anything crazy as you increase.