Non dairy "frozen yogurt"

Options
belimawr
belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
Hey guys,
I came across this one purely by accident, I hope it works for you as well as it did for me.

I was trying to make a non dairy pudding for a friend who must now go dairy free. I like to experiment, figured I'd give it a go. I mixed some "Greek yogurt pudding mix" that I found in the desert aisle of the supermarket with some So Delicious cocout "milk". Ended up with flavored cocunut "milk". I found so suggestions to put it in the freezer. It did not set, but crystallized as expected of water. It was still semi soft, I stirred it, tasted it. Tasted like frozen yogurt.

Then it hit me. I give you:

Beli's non dairy "frozen yogurt"

Ingredients:
Royal brand Greek Yogurt Pudding Mix
2 cups non dairy milk of your choice

Mix according to the directions on package. Place in a freezer safe bowl. Every 30-45 minutes, remove from freezer, and using wire whisk (preferablyh on an electric handheld blender as I did), blend until a smooth consistency is acheived. Repeat 3 or 4 more times. Eventualy you will no longer be able to mix it, it will be too hard, yet you'll be able to scoop it like ice cream or frozen yogurt.

It's not perfect, but maybe helpful for those who would like a dairy free frozen treat and don't want to pay the insane prices I see around here.