Shaun T Insanity, T25, Asylum, Max, Hip Hop?

Options
My_Butt
My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
After this year, I want to get another Shaun t program so im seeing what people like and dislike about his programs.

This is my last week of Insanity, and I love everything about it. Shaun T is my favorite instructor, so I want a program by him. I've been looking at:
Insanity Max 30
Insanity Asylum
T25
Hip Hop Abs

What's your opinion?

Replies

• ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on your goals. If you've finished Insanity and you're looking for something else challenging, I would recommend Insanity Max 30 or Asylum. If you're looking for something less intense, I'd go with T25 or Hip Hop Abs; however, you might be underwhelmed by these two after Insanity.

Good luck!
  • troytroy11
    troytroy11 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Max 30 now and love it. I consider it challenging and find it effective.
  • My_Butt
    Options
    ryanhorn wrote: »
    I think it all depends on your goals. If you've finished Insanity and you're looking for something else challenging, I would recommend Insanity Max 30 or Asylum. If you're looking for something less intense, I'd go with T25 or Hip Hop Abs; however, you might be underwhelmed by these two after Insanity.

Good luck!

My goals are simple: I just want to do each program. So intensity, or less intensity, doesn't bother me. I could spin in circles for 40 minutes and think it was great.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I have hip hop abs and love it ...I also have his rockin body program which is fun too
  • aurmston
    aurmston Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just finished week two of T25 and I'm loving it! You get out of it what you put into it. Modify if you must or go all out... Shaun doesn't care as long as you keep moving for 25 minutes! ;)
  • Aarthurdc
    Aarthurdc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have done every one but hip hop abs....I like Max 30 if you want something similar to Insanity....but Aslyum to be is the hardest. Max 30 though is a little more cardio than Asylum...which I love....
  • shaunroberts
    shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey,
    Max 30 is great. It also makes you challenge yourself by trying to beat your last 'maxed out' time.

Coupled with insanity you can get one hell of a cardio workout. For example today I'm doing Max Challenge followed by Plyometric Cardio Circuit.

I found Focus T25 too easy....in fact I found it got boing after a while. Sorry i didn't mean to sound big headed, I just think T25 is a good workout to get you in shape prior to doing insanity or Max 30 :)

Cheers,
    Shaun.
  • My_Butt
    Options
    Hey,
    Max 30 is great. It also makes you challenge yourself by trying to beat your last 'maxed out' time.

Coupled with insanity you can get one hell of a cardio workout. For example today I'm doing Max Challenge followed by Plyometric Cardio Circuit.

I found Focus T25 too easy....in fact I found it got boing after a while. Sorry i didn't mean to sound big headed, I just think T25 is a good workout to get you in shape prior to doing insanity or Max 30 :)

Cheers,
    Shaun.

The majority have said doing t25 after insanity isn't much of a challenge. I'm kind if excited to try asylum since that's supposed to be the mother of all workouts.
  • madchapper
    madchapper Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I finished insanity over two weeks ago ...I decided to do asylum 1 next which I'm on day 15 of today. Then move onto volume 2... And then do Max 30. But I might be at my goal weight before I get to max 30.
  • My_Butt
    Options
    madchapper wrote: »
    I finished insanity over two weeks ago ...I decided to do asylum 1 next which I'm on day 15 of today. Then move onto volume 2... And then do Max 30. But I might be at my goal weight before I get to max 30.

I'm only four pounds from my goal weight, so I think when I restart insanity, I'll hit it before the second month starts.
  • Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Asylum is awesome however it is a crosstraining workout , so it's a mix cardio,strength,and flexibility.
    It is kind of a total body fitness program.
    BTW it happens to have one of the best lower back workouts from all the Beachbody programs