Following MFP and not losing

Options
I've been staying within my calorie range (for the most part) and have only lost 4 lbs in 2 months! It's pretty discouraging.

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I've been staying within my calorie range (for the most part) and have only lost 4 lbs in 2 months! It's pretty discouraging.

0.5 lbs/week is a nice steady rate to lose at. If you want to double it then MFP's method suggests taking 250 cals a day off your food intake or adding >300 cals of exercise a day on average.

Open diary and some number would help people give more tailored advice.

Also the "(for the most part)" could be part of the problem.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    So your problem is that you are following the plan for the most part and achieving your goal for the most part?

If you want to lose faster, run a bigger deficit, but I would suggest you are doing just fine and have a perception problem.
  • themeIcanbe
    Options
    I'm also losing at a slow rate. However, I'm treating it as a lifestyle change. I'm amazed at what a difference logging food intake makes. Certainly think more than twice now and am becoming much better at planning and shopping for food. I find looking at my MFP friends diary's and comments very useful for food tips.
    Not forgetting what a difference a bit of exercise makes...going out for dinner tomorrow night and have mapped out a light breakie and lunch, with a circuit class in the morning.
    Hang in there, log everything and go long and slow for permanent change.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have found your way to lose a steady amount of weight, surely that's a good thing rather than discouraging?

If you get to the end of the year and have lost 24lbs wouldn't you be delighted?
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 20 pounds in 2 months. I'm age 59, have about 20-30 more to go, and am not a physical fitness type. I leave my car in the driveway and walk everywhere, for exercise, to the store, etc. I'm also learning to jog with C25K.

I can't see your food diary, so I can't make suggestions there. Drink water -- it curbs your hunger and is great for your body. I bought a 32 oz sport bottle, fill it with filtered water and a couple of lemon slices, and try to drink 2 of those a day. Eat less, eat less processed food, drink water, and exercise more.