others w/physical disabilities?

Options
13»

Replies

• ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hello all- I am most certainly disabled, but it is an "invisible disability" and I don't use walking aids. I gained about 90 lbs since I became unable to dance/jog/workout. I'm on the right track now for just over a month with MFP'S help.

Tracking/ watcging my calories has been easy, but it has been difficult as many have mentioned to find and log exercises that I am able to do.

I'm thankful that I can walk most of the time, but also thankful for a thread that would understand that I just can't "go for a run" without severe consequences.

I wish someone could come up with some fun challenges for those of us with varying levels of abilities

• 9ofthem
    9ofthem Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It took me 2 hours to find this thread. I needed a thread with people that are disabled in varying degrees like here. I have a a chronic, degenerative auto immune, plus other fun things. I can be in a wheelchair one day and walking around the next week looking like everyone else. I was 100+lbs overweight when I started losing, and still have about 100 to go. Dr is working with me, so that helps. The weight has made the dependence on devices more frequent. I know that the motorized chair is an eventual definite thing, but I want to put it off as long as possible.

Is this the only page of people like us? Is there a group (with link, please) for more posts like this? Thanks for opening up on here to let others like me know they are not alone.
  • Land_Rocket
    Land_Rocket Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My apologies for the delayed response again....

I used to be a member of a group on here, but it just disappeared :(

I have set one up for now, as it would be of great interest to me. We can always try and see....

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105886-diet-and-disability