Need protein help!

2»

Replies

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    The EAS Carbvantage chocolate is delicious and only a couple grams of sugar, 110 cals and 17 grams. DELISH

I also like Premier Protein, but it's a bit harder to find. Also low carb and high protein for not a lot of calories.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Salmon and scrambled eggs, love it!
  • Sbivens2383
    Sbivens2383 Posts: 199 Member
    Quest makes great protein powder and protein bars!
  • evarga12
    evarga12 Posts: 55 Member
    Canned tuna, Dannon Light greek yogurt or Low fat cheese individual strips are some good ones.
  • nstock
    nstock Posts: 135 Member
    quest bars!! full of protein and delicious :)
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    nstock wrote: »
    quest bars!! full of protein and delicious :)

This ^^^^^ I've also starting tossing a couple of these into my week.

They take the place of sweets during the day and provide 20+ grams of protein.

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    I really had a hard time with this too, especially as I'm not a big meat eater. I tried protein powders and really couldn't stomache them and could only drink them with orange juice, just as an attempt to get my protein in. I now make my own protein bars, and actually don't mind the taste! I found a knock off Quest bar recipe and make a batch every week and cut them into 5 bars. Really helps, then I normally have an egg with a pepperette or something at lunch, or tuna salad, and some kind of meat for dinner, or scrambled eggs with cottage cheese.

Good luck!
  • amitkatz0
    amitkatz0 Posts: 61 Member
    Watch out for fruit juices. You're getting all the fructose with none of the fibers, and much more quickly than snacking on an actual fruit.
  • happymommy321
    happymommy321 Posts: 60 Member
    Thanks for all the tips!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I really had a hard time with this too, especially as I'm not a big meat eater. I tried protein powders and really couldn't stomache them and could only drink them with orange juice, just as an attempt to get my protein in. I now make my own protein bars, and actually don't mind the taste! I found a knock off Quest bar recipe and make a batch every week and cut them into 5 bars. Really helps, then I normally have an egg with a pepperette or something at lunch, or tuna salad, and some kind of meat for dinner, or scrambled eggs with cottage cheese.

Good luck!

@babydaisy81‌ could you please please Share your knock off quest bar recipe :smile: At $5 a bar, they're so expensive. Especially when I could eat 2 or 3 a day!