The Weight Is Gone...Now What?!

Options
So as everyone here is revitalizing their bodies, I'm sure you guys have experienced that certain excitement that comes with watching the little changes everyday! For me, it was almost like an adrenaline rush! This is what weight loss has done to me, I'm never satisfied! lol Now that I'm maintaining my goal, I'm at a point like, now what? I'm ready for another reinvention!!!

After everyone reaches their goal, what will you do to make your transformation feel complete? Of course we all have to get new clothes, but what else? My family and I just moved out of state, and I feel like I need something to really create a finished new look. I'd love to get a "mommy-makeover" ...tuck-lift-pump... but that's just not in our budget until I finish school! So what things could I do other than cutting my hair? (already tried that, and I won't get another cut until it's totally grown out). I was thinking about dying it, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to make that financial commitment, every couple weeks-month or whatever!

Suggestions?

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Instead of a tangible reward why not create a memory? Is there something you've always wanted to experience? . . . or just an amazing day with a loved one doing something active and fun that you couldn't do with extra weight?
    Also try to relish in the everyday things that are so much easier now . . . what a gift you have already given yourself!
    You are amazing!
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

That is a great idea, to experience something new! Maybe becoming active in an outdoor hobby, or something like that, that I would have otherwise felt intimidated to do, before losing!
  • mlv333
    mlv333 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You look great! No need to change anything else. I say take the dye job money and get a well deserved massage!!! ..........I wish I was having one right now..........hmmmmmm :tongue:
  • bellinachuchina
    Options
    Thank you :flowerforyou:

Massages are awesome!!!
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    I just want to tell you that you look FANTASTIC!!!!!! WOW over 100 pounds.....that is just amazing!!!!!
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    Now that the weight is gone, don't you need to focus on keeping it gone? Continue the workouts, continue cooking healthy and eating healthy. Don't be the yo yo dieter girl. It takes a lot of work and focus to keep the weight you have just lost off. Good luck! 100 pounds is AMAZING! YOU ROCK
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Do you wear a necklace? If so, buy a small charm for it to represent the 100+ pounds. That way, when you bump into a tempting situation, you can finger the charm as a reminder to resist temptation.

Congrats on your magnificient achievement!! WTG
  • dragonflyjill
    dragonflyjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have heard it said that it is helpful to create new goals so you can continue to feel the thrill of success and accomplishment. They can be fitness related (like running a race or something) or just something else in your life you would like to challenge yourself with! I think when I get to my ideal weight I am going to have to create new goals to manage my maintenance and stay focused!
  • bellinachuchina
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your replies!

I do feel that staying focused on maintaining is key, and since I have made this lifestyle change, staying on track is coming natural now. After eating mindfully for so long, it' has become habit, which is great, but I still love this site for meal ideas and comradery!

I love the idea of a necklace, and entering in new fitness goals! I totally agree that creating new challenges for myself would keep me interested!

Thanks, again, guys!
  • ksb221
    ksb221 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success - and thank you for sharing that - it provides great motivation for those still working so hard to get to where you are - "the weight is gone" - past tense - AWESOME. I love the massage idea, but I might splurge and get myself some jewelry - maybe even engrave it with something like WIG 109 (Weight is Gone 109#). Maybe on a disc that you could wear as a constant reminder of this incredible accomplishment. You go girl!!
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    I have swapped the scales for exercise machines now. I am constantly amazed at far far my body will go and I am constantly setting goals to keep the thrill going. This in turn also keeps my eating in check because I need to keep lean to do it.

First goals after-loss were:

Running 45 mins non-stop
    Running a full 10k (took 1hr 6min first time)
    Running a full 10k in under and hour (now down to 46 minutes)
    Running 15k
    Running 15k without stopping

Then:

5k on the elliptical in under 30 minutes on Hill or random
    10k on the elliptical in under 60 minutes on Hill or random

And so on. Having completed all of the above I am now gearing towards 20k runs in under 2 hours. These constant goals give me much bigger thrills than the weight loss and I am totally addicted to the challenges I give myself :laugh:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Once I get to my goal weight, I want to focus on toning (even though I'm working on it now - it'll be more visible once the fat is gone). So maybe focus on sculpting your arms a little bit more or getting your abs JUST how you want them, etc. So they'll be more of work out goals... or as a couple others said, races!! I'm going to sign up for a 1k (a little over half a mile) next month and hope to be able to run a full 5k by October and by then I should be at my goal weight and I can start training for a half marathon and then maybe a full marathon. I WANT TO BE A RUNNER!
  • bellinachuchina
    Options
    Thanks, guys!

Fitness goals are awesome suggestions!
  • danazsweet
    danazsweet Posts: 52
    Options
    I've always wanted to write to "What not to wear" and get a $5000 wardrobe makeover!!
  • bellinachuchina
    Options
    Once I get to my goal weight, I want to focus on toning (even though I'm working on it now - it'll be more visible once the fat is gone). So maybe focus on sculpting your arms a little bit more or getting your abs JUST how you want them, etc. So they'll be more of work out goals... or as a couple others said, races!! I'm going to sign up for a 1k (a little over half a mile) next month and hope to be able to run a full 5k by October and by then I should be at my goal weight and I can start training for a half marathon and then maybe a full marathon. I WANT TO BE A RUNNER!

Definitely! Toning is a current goal of mine!

Sadly, my pregnancies *ruined* my stomach :( Tattoos of life are on it forever! So even after losing all this weight, I won't ever wear a bikini...in public that is!
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    I lke the charm idea and I think I will make that my goal for 25lbs, 50lbs, and 75lbs lost.....My husband has said that I will need a new wedding set after the weight is gone......LOL
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Just have to say you look amazing - what a transformation! :flowerforyou: You must feel so healthy, too!

I agree with the fitness goals. You could also try some "fun" goals, too. Something I've always wanted to do, and I don't know if I'll ever find the nerve, is to parachute out of an airplane. Maybe some day.... It has really nothing to do with weight, just something on my "bucket list."

I hear you on the after-baby stomach - I have 2 kids too. You might get lucky, though, since you are so young. Your body might bounce back easier than mine. :ohwell:

Congrats on your accomplishment and good luck in meeting your next goals!!
  • bellinachuchina
    Options
    Just have to say you look amazing - what a transformation! :flowerforyou: You must feel so healthy, too!

I agree with the fitness goals. You could also try some "fun" goals, too. Something I've always wanted to do, and I don't know if I'll ever find the nerve, is to parachute out of an airplane. Maybe some day.... It has really nothing to do with weight, just something on my "bucket list."

I hear you on the after-baby stomach - I have 2 kids too. You might get lucky, though, since you are so young. Your body might bounce back easier than mine. :ohwell:

Congrats on your accomplishment and good luck in meeting your next goals!!

Thank you so much!

My Husband and I have said we want to sky dive, I think it would be AWESOME!!!! The babies really did a number to my stomach, and my stretch marks go all the way up to my ribs! That was my son, he always had his foot there, lol!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!