124 Pounds, 8 months, 12 Inches, 17 photos and counting!

Options
psk2347
psk2347 Posts: 14 Member
Progression%20Major_zpsrf3jttmf.png

Back in March of 2013 I almost had a stroke. My blood pressure was 178 over 125. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and have been on blood pressure ever since. I continued to eat and drink everything in sight without any care to my health. After consistent trips to the doctor my weight continued to increase as well as my blood pressure and in July of 2014 my doctor told me I needed to make drastic changes in my life or I would die at a young age. I was starting to see signs of Diabetes and knew it was time to change. My Doctor ask me if I really wanted to get serious about losing weight. I hesitantly said yes and my life changed from there. He put me through a series of tests and during this time I cut out all caffeine in my life. I use to drink 6 sodas a day. During that period of not drinking sodas I dropped 14 pounds. Once all the tests came back I was prescribed Phenteremene. It's an appetite suppressant that basically takes away your appetite completely. I was on that for 3 months. With in that time I dropped 68 pounds. Now I used to think that was the best thing that came out of me using that medicine. However during that 3 months I learned some very important things. I learned how to eat less than 1800 calories a day. My stomach completely shrunk back to normal. I was finally able to get control of my sweet tooth and I was finally able to find a new way to handle my emotions other than food, which was the gym. I found my love for working out. As of 3/22/2015 I have lost 124 pounds and12 inches off my waist! I look at myself in the mirror and feel great! I have been the "fat kid" since 1st grade. I have always struggled with my weight and never thought I would be able to overcome obesity after many attempts at weight watchers, atkins, and other diets. If I can do this, anyone can. You just have to find the right motivation. I had two motivations, one was to live a long life, the other was to never be denied a shot at love because I was severely overweight. I have 38 pounds left till my goal weight and I can't wait for the day that I step up on that scale and see I have accomplished my extremely overwhelming goal.

Replies

• missnade6
    missnade6 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thank you for the inspiration! :)
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    you look fab!!! Great job!!!
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Great job - love the photo montage.
  • TechOutside
    TechOutside Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow. Great job!
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You'll hit goal in no time. Congrats on a healthier you!
  • jayneevans39
    Options
    Well done , hope you feel fit & well
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Thanks for the inspiration. :)
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a job well done! I hope you feel as great as you look!
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Where there any side effects from the medicine?
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    You are such a handsome young man! And now you are healthy. I hope the next success pic u post will be minus 38 lbs and plus a new love by your side!
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job :) and thanks for sharing your story :)
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome job. Congratulations. You look great!
  • WendyZ82
    WendyZ82 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! Congratulations!!! You've done such a great job! :)
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! You look great! Such an inspiration to all of us. You can do it, and you are!
  • kenmiller75
    kenmiller75 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation! Way to go!
  • Oh_Em_Jayyy
    Oh_Em_Jayyy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Lookin good! Congratulations on your continued success!
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job. Stories like yours show people it's possible. Thanks
  • Ibknute
    Ibknute Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Looking good and congratulations on your achievement! Shows what dedication and hard work can do. You are an inspiration to us all. Keep up the excellent work!
  • JoeKewl264
    JoeKewl264 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job, The path you have taken is clearly the one less chosen yet reaped the greatest reward. I am on a similar Journey and look forward to the day I can post my timeline picture :) Keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!