Bowling

Options
ilfaith
ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
According to MFP, if I bowled for one hour it would burn the same number of calories as an hour of walking at a leisurely pace, and more calories than 60 minutes of yoga or Pilates.

The question is, does MFP assume I am actually spending 100% of that time actually hurling a 12-pound ball down the lane, or is it taking into consideration the time bowlers (presumably bowling in some sort of league, or at least with other people) spend waiting for others to roll the ball, the time it takes to reset the pins and record the scores and wait for the ball to return. After all, there are just 10 frames, 2 rolls per frame...in an hour you might get in 20-30 frames (depending how many are taking turns). A lot of time is just spent waiting.

I don't bowl often...usually just when my kids beg me to take them...but I never really consider it exercise in the same way I do a yoga class, or even a walk. I am more likely to rank it with golf (driving in a cart...not walking and carrying clubs) and other "sports" you can play with a beer in one hand (darts, shuffleboard).

Replies

• hhnkhl
    hhnkhl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    It means hurling 60 minutes nonstop.