Detox?

so I was thinking about buying a tea detox such as fit tea but they said that it could somehow reverse the effect of birth control. Is that true?
Is there any other natural detoxes I can use?

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Uhm, I'm going to go with no. And there's no reason to detox, because your liver and kidney do that for you, so just save your money.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,054 Member
    edited March 2015
    Tex "detoxes" are basically laxatives. That's how it can mess with the oral contraceptive, same as a dose of gastro can. It doesn't reverse it, it just rushes it through your system so you may not process it and "miss" a dose.

And the whole "detox" idea is just bunk to sell products, you have a liver and a couple of kidneys and they do things that no tea, pill, potion, shake or miracle water could ever hope to do.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    so I was thinking about buying a tea detox such as fit tea but they said that it could somehow reverse the effect of birth control. Is that true?
    Is there any other natural detoxes I can use?
    If your liver and kidneys are functioning properly, continue using those.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,054 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Detoxes are unnecessary. Tea will not reverse the function of birth control.

Nope it won't, but diarrhea can make the pill ineffective. I've never thought about it before (not on the pill and I don't "detox" aka abuse laxatives) but I can see the very real risk there. Even more reason to shun "detox".