3 stone to lose!

After having two children, back working and starting college it's hard to find the energy to get motivated. I eat quite well but could eat better. I must make time to exercise and stop making excuses. I do have a knee injury but doesn't mean I can't do anything which is what I've been telling myself. So I thought I'd join my fitness for extra support when I feel negative. I have 42lb to lose to be back at my slim self, that would make me very happy. Looking for friends in a similar position where we can help and support eachother

Replies

• Tamois
    Tamois Posts: 64 Member
    Knee injury here too! I had surgery 5 weeks ago and after weighing in this morning I have 3 stone to lose. I get married in October! I'll add you so we can gee each other along. I live in Surrey, South England
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited March 2015
    Please just get the basics right and master logging and weighing your food first. You can then supplement it with an exercise regime.

No idea how bad your knee injury is, but there are normally alternatives, walking, water aerobics, various machines at the gym can give you the cardio and then you can always use resistance on upper body.

3 stone is very doable with a bit of dedication and consistency. Good luck.
  • Thank you, I am waiting on physio for my knee, they think it's actually tendinitis in my quad but the part just above my knee. I can walk and swim and weirdly the more I move it the pain eases. So hopefully physio will allow me to do more. Thanks for advice x
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Exercise is only 20% of weight loss, the other 80% is in the kitchen. I have a crippling back injury and managed to lose 70lbs in 6 months just by eating well so don't sweat the knee injury.