When did you start shopping for a smaller size?

Options
Hey everyone!

Just wondering when you guys started shopping for a new wardrobe. Any particular weight loss?

ps. Anyone that needs support or a friend add me!

Replies

• xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    When my clothes starting getting ridiculously big... I think I've been buying clothes since around 7 or 8kg lost (15 - 17lbs). I just bought clothes as I needed them, I guess technically I've replaced my whole wardrobe but it's like a revolving closet of clothes that keep getting too big for me! 77lbs down...
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    After three months and roughly 15lbs lost I noticed that my trousers looked like the ones clowns wear. So I had no choice but to get a smaller size, didn't need a smaller size, I needed two 0_0
  • sohmui
    sohmui Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Before I needed to! I now have a nice pair of Levis that are two sizes too big. Patience, patience...
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    I didn't really need to - I still had my 'smaller' wardrobe. So I started buying smaller sizes when that started becoming looser. now, I often end up with too big a size in the fitting room with me, and having to change it over!
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    When I was at work and a patient ran off (I'm a nurse), as I ran after him my trousers fell down.
    That's when I knew it was time to get some new clothes!
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    I have nothing to add but brilliant NSVs!
  • dyneishasatcher
    Options
    I'll probably be able to continue wearing the clothes I currently own due to the fact that they all were very tight fitting and I wasn't comfortable with my appearance in them.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    When my wife burst into fits of laughter when I walked out in one pair of trousers luckily I've had some clothes left that were too small that I can now get into. Trying to avoid buying too much as I don't know how long they'll fit for.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    When my clothes start to fall off, so every 2 (4) sizes or so.
  • mssierra2u
    mssierra2u Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a little creative. I'm down about 20 lbs, so I'm starting to not be able to wear my old pants. I'm finding skirts are more forgiving of the lost volume (what a problem!) I also found some clip-on gatherers at Jo-Ann's fabrics, which I've been using for some knit tops that are starting to look ridiculous. :-) I'm also digging in my closet for the items that I was saving for just this sort of occasion!
  • bonelessskinless
    Options
    When I was at work and a patient ran off (I'm a nurse), as I ran after him my trousers fell down.
    That's when I knew it was time to get some new clothes!
    lmfao

this one's gonna be hard to beat
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I needed new clothes after 20lb loss, and they are getting too big , so my advice is only buy a few basic items as necessary as its a costly business !
    Needing smaller clothes is the best NSV ever!
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I would reward myself with something new every 10 lbs. It is nice to have something that fits the new body and doesn't feel like a tent once in a while. Sometimes I would do the "thrift shop" thing or hit the clearance rack, b/c I didn't plan on the things fitting well for long.
  • Lala_White
    Lala_White Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    After I had lost about 30 pounds I HAD to start buying new clothes and I had gone down 2 pant sizes. I don't buy every month, but I'm due to buy a few more pair of smaller pants here in about a month or so, my smaller pants I bought and that were given to me, are now starting to fall down. I am now down 4 pant sizes.

I will go to thrift stores to buy my clothes for now, till I reach my desired weight goal.
  • balsert713
    balsert713 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I find new sizes come at 20 pound intervals for me. At 250, I was a size 20-22.. At 225, an 18-20 and I'm at 196 wearing a size 16 and large shirts. :)
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Just wondering when you guys started shopping for a new wardrobe. Any particular weight loss?

ps. Anyone that needs support or a friend add me!

When the people at the deli were snickering because my pants were falling down (aka off)
  • DietFemme
    DietFemme Posts: 16
    Options
    Every 15-20lbs lost.
    I feel like for about a year I have been constantly standing in front of my wardrobe shouting 'I HAVE NO CLOTHES!!'.
    Which is a fabulous complaint! Although not easy on the pockets. :)
  • newloafofbread
    newloafofbread Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was about the same as everyone else, 15-20 pounds. Unfortunately my body seems to be wanting to lose weight from my hips, thighs and butt way before my waist, so I have to wear pants that are huge in my legs but still fit pretty well in the band. I've just about replaced all of my clothes from when I started. I did a lot of thrift store shopping, clearance rack shopping and I had a friend of mine alter some of my tshirts. I did splurge on some interviewing clothes, because I'm job hunting.

Also I have to go buy new underwear and bras today. :( I'm still at a large bra size so I'm worried about having to go to Lane Bryant still and shelling out $40. God I hate Lane Bryant.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    The only reason I haven't gotten new jeans is due to the wonderful functionality and adaptability of a belt. Otherwise, these suckers would be on the ground faster than you can say, "A little loose?"

I do need new bras, though. That's something that can't be loose and comfortable at the same time. I have to remeasure, though - I hope I'm at a 38 now and not a 40 - 38C is a much more abundant size than a 40C.
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of cute jeans 2 sizes smaller than my semi-loose ones and gave myself a goal of fitting into them in 2 months, give or take. At the time I could squeeze into them (sorta!) but it was ugly. Instead of weighing myself, I would try on the jeans once in awhile. Now they fit great. It was a better motivator for me than anything else.