Need Advice about Weight Watchers

Options
I've been a WW lifetime member for about 8 years and have been pretty successful. I've maintained my goal weight the whole time. But mostly, WW was the program that introduced me to healthy eating and an overall healthy lifestyle. I so appreciate and am thankful for this.

Though I joined MFP because I found myself at a bit of a plateau during which it seemed as though my weight was going up just a half a pound here and there and counting WW points was not helping me to lose or in any way maintain. Each monthly weigh-in was so stressful. I would not eat before my weigh in and I would try so hard to find the lightest clothes to wear only to find myself within the 2 pound requirement, but just over my goal weight. I would grumble all the way home and really found myself depressed over the .7 lbs or single pound each month.

MFP helped me to establish a buffer of about 5-7 lbs. Since counting calories instead of WW points, there has been no threat of going over my Weight Watchers goal weight. In fact my personal goal weight is now 5 pounds lighter than my registered WW goal. And I believe I even feel better at this lighter weight than at my WW goal weight. I have more energy and feel better about my weight and my looks. I no longer feel I have to starve myself before getting on the scale (any scale) or even strip down to almost nothing to keep me from having to pay or otherwise lose my online tools.

But now....in the past month or so, I've not used the online tools with WW and seldom if ever look to their website for recipes or meal ideas. Between MFP and websites like Skinnytaste, and my daily exercise, I feel like I have everything I need to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

So should I continue my monthly WW weight in? I mean, I have not been recording the number on their scale. The weigh in seems to be just to maintain WW as a tool or database of info. Would ending the monthly weigh in risk anything other than my lifetime membership status?

Is there something else I should consider before I decide to stop going to Weight Watchers?

Replies

• Lawngirl296
    Lawngirl296 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You will always be a lifetime member even if you stop going, that is one of the good things about the program. I would say still go and weigh, it helps keep you on track even if you don't count it. Your story made me laugh, it sounds exactly like mine except I put almost all the weight back on that I lost through the program. I love the MFP and I am losing again. It is slower than on WW but that is OK, I feel like I have a better handle on what I'm doing, especially with exercise.
    Still weigh, it can't hurt and you are in the habit of doing it and still getting good results, I admire your Maintenance!!!!:drinker:
  • kistockman
    kistockman Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That's just it. It's not such a problem to go and weight in. Just one more thing to do. But it seems to have nothing to do with my maintenance right now....or does it? :wink:

Thanks for the toast!