Broken toe

Options
llmg970
llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
its been two weeks since I broke my pinky toe and it is killing me to not exercise. I need to come up with some creative exercises that doesn't put much pressure on my foot. Suggestions please

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Handstand push-ups! :wink: Joking, I can't even do a normal one.
    Can you get it wet (i.e. is it in a cast?) if so swimming?
  • llmg970
    Options
    [quote="Lois_1989;
    Can you get it wet (i.e. is it in a cast?) if so swimming? [/quote]

No cast so yes it can get wet. I was thinking of doing laps in the pool at my gym but not sure if this will put pressure on my toe while kicking
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    What about using a pull buoy (the floaty thing you stick between your legs)? At some point you'll definitely be able to kick and even pool run.

Be sure to ask your doctor about when you can start water exercise, though. In the beginning it can interfere with bone healing.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    When I broke my pinky toe I just taped it to the next toe and did my normal workouts. I wouldn't recommend anything with repetitive trauma (like running) but something like an elliptical or a rower or a bike would be fine I would think. I did my normal strength training without any issues, it only bothered me on sumo deadlifts (putting pressure on the outside of my foot, naturally). Everything else was acceptable. You're probably gonna have to feel it out with a little trial and error to see what you can and cannot tolerate.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I swam laps last night...you could see how it feels on your toe. I kept trying to switch it up, last night I did 3 laps on my back just using my arms...that was good. Hubby couldn't do it. It's definitely a time when the extra body fat is helpful!
  • llmg970
    Options
    I went to the gym last night. I was able to do the arc trainer and row without any pain in my toe/foot
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    I was going to say rowing machine, but I couldn't remember if I used my foot, or how the strap on the machine went around my foot, so I didn't want to suggest it.

Glad you found stuff to do!
  • llmg970
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I was going to say rowing machine, but I couldn't remember if I used my foot, or how the strap on the machine went around my foot, so I didn't want to suggest it.

Glad you found stuff to do!

I was able adjust the strap so it didn't go over that portion of my foot and I did bend my foot but it wasn't a lot of pressure where the break is in my toe