after ilness start up!

Hi! I had an attack of shingles during late winter, and am just starting back on my fitness pal. I still don't feel up to much exercise-wise, so am concentrating on what I eat, for the moment. I plan to start back on my bike soon, and walk more as well.
Does anyone have any good ideas for main meals that are 1) simple to make, storable (freezer?), and tasty ! Not much to ask, is it!!! ?
Thanks for any suggestions, and I hope to see less of everyone in future!
Denvoyager, Cymru (Wales)

Replies

• marise1113
    marise1113 Posts: 82 Member
    You can try Spark People Recipes http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/browse-recipes.asp

Also on MFP there is a group just for just posting recipe sites - called Recipe Swap

Good Luck!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Waving hi.... I visited Wales many years ago and thought it was a gorgeous place! One of the loveliest places I've ever traveled.

As far as the meals you could freeze, that depends on what you like to eat. You can probably freeze anything. I think veggies are better when cooked fresh, though.

I prepare (cook and chop) batches of brown rice, lentils, and veggies twice a week and while I don't freeze them, the food is in the fridge and takes 5 minutes to heat up a meal. I'm not much of a cook, so that diet works for me. I just read where someone on MFP cooks and freezes 300 calorie meals once every 3 weeks, which seems really smart. I might try to do that, too.