7 inches off my stomach

Options
tretoptreece
tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
edited March 2015 in Success Stories
Just wanted to be a motivation this fine Monday. Since March 12th 2015 I've lost a TOTAL of 7 inches off my stomach and a total of 9 pounds! I do low carb in the lunch and evening hours and get my carbs during the morning. I eat 4-6 meals a day and don't go over my daily calorie intake. I used to only eat one big meal a day and ate whatever I wanted in that meal. Doing this for years I literally sabotaged my metabolism. I hope you find whatever works for you because I finally found what works for me! I still have a long way to go (wanting to lose 145 pounds total) Thank you MFP for helping me to be a success!

Replies

• gandssmith
    gandssmith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    congratulations on finding what works for you! that's half the battle. btw....cute doggie. i have a boxer that looks very similar. he's one of my best buds.
  • carolhullin
    Options
    Excellent example: thank you for sharing
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • jee_nee_us
    jee_nee_us Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congratulations but how could you lose 9 pounds in 11 days? Thats amazing.
  • kim678
    kim678 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's awesome!
  • tretoptreece
    Options
    gandssmith wrote: »
    congratulations on finding what works for you! that's half the battle. btw....cute doggie. i have a boxer that looks very similar. he's one of my best buds.

Thank you, he's my buddy!
  • tretoptreece
    Options
    jee_nee_us wrote: »
    Congratulations but how could you lose 9 pounds in 11 days? Thats amazing.

I cut out sugar, cokes, I drink water and 15 calorie fruit juice mixes. I've cut out all white bad starches. I think that makes a world of difference. I do have carbs though, but good ones.
  • tretoptreece
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Good going!
  • robyndmorgan
    Options
    I did the same thing. I eat only lean protein, fruits and veggies and have los 8.4 pounds in 8 days!
  • KirbySmith46
    KirbySmith46 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You lost 7 inches off your waist in 8 days? It took me 6 months to lose 7 inches off my waist.
  • Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You lost 7 inches off your waist in 8 days? It took me 6 months to lose 7 inches off my waist.

I think if this person is wanting to lose 145 lbs, they are very large right now and I think that when a larger size person starts to lose they seem to lose more quickly at first. It took me 30 months to lose 30 lbs the first time. Gained back 40 in half that time. Now on round 2 sigh.
  • rAc_hEl
    rAc_hEl Posts: 246 Member
    Options

Everyone is different. No-one is the same at all
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    But how can one lose a whole 7 inches while only losing 9 lbs? I don't understand how this is possible.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Robertus wrote: »
    But how can one lose a whole 7 inches while only losing 9 lbs? I don't understand how this is possible.

I don't understand this either!
  • tretoptreece
    Options
    I did the same thing. I eat only lean protein, fruits and veggies and have los 8.4 pounds in 8 days!

Great job!
  • tretoptreece
    Options

No I lost 7 inches off my stomach. Only 3 off my waist. :)
  • tretoptreece
    Options
    bametels wrote: »
    Robertus wrote: »

I don't understand this either!

Im the type of person that if I eat sugar, white foods, such as bread, pasta and potatoes I store more of my weight around my middle. I gave up those foods and replaced them with a lot of protein, a ton of veggies, and fruit. I pretty much fill my body with good foods rather than processed foods. That's how it works for me.
  • tretoptreece
    Options
    Plus I log everything I eat on here and I get my carbs in during the day. I don't go over my calories but I have had 2 different days that I had gelato. (Ate it in the morning) and I stayed within my goal calories. Like I said before in the original post, I stopped drinking cokes not even having diet. I only drink water and minute maid light occasionally.
  • tretoptreece
    Options
    I hope this is proof enough. Just wanted to be a motivation. I want to take a picture in the same shirt every week. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I started. I tried to get the pictures even.7gzwj3pe9ble.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!