How does this look?

Options
monsterbeans
monsterbeans Posts: 8 Member
edited March 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all,
Been mucking about with my training plan for ages but I'm trying to set something more solid as I lost about 2kg doing what I was doing before, which really wasn't my goal! I'm 27, 160cm (5ft 3) and currently 46kg (101lbs) and I want to create some muscle and just be fit really. I'm a lacto-vegetarian and stick mostly to beans, legumes, pulses etc, veggies and wholegrains. I do have a sweet tooth which is my downfall though! I have a custom protein powder which I have 2 x scoops (23g protein per serving) on exercise days (before and after) and one scoop on rest days. My job is a mixture of desk work, lab work and manual handling so I use a Fitbit to track rough expenditure on a daily basis as it varies a lot! But I try to eat at a small surplus and always hit my protein. I try to take a rest day inbetween the gym but do do bits and pieces of yoga as well, and will throw in 20 mins intervals on the crosstrainer on a day when I need to have a few more calories to play with. I try to keep away from too much that involves the bench or cables as the gym I go to is small and its sometimes a struggle to get a space. Is what follows rounded out enough, or am I weighted too much in favour of certain areas etc?...

1. Workout A - Weights vary on my tiredness/determination!
- 5 min warm up on treadmill (jogging on an incline)
- Cable clean and press (I have no idea what this is actually called but I use 2 cable machines to simulate a clean and press) 2/12 or 3/12 depending on weight
- Ab power plank (based on Lean It Up's)
- Dumbell flyes 3/12
- Yoga style bike crunches (very slow, controlled movements) 3/12
- Cable tricep extensions 2/12
- 45 degree incline presses 3/12
- Lying down to mason twists with a ball 2/12

2. 45 min Fitnessblender Tabata workout

3. Workout B - ditto on the weights
- 5 min warm up on treadmill (jogging on an incline)
- Cable clean and press 2/12 or 3/12
- 'Eagle pose' crunches 2/12
- One arm rows 3/12
- Goblet squats 3/12
- Leg raises 2/12
- Downward dog with elevated leg, touching knee to each elbow then nose x5 each leg
- Twisting lunges (sometimes weighted) 3/12

4. 45 Fitnessblender Tabata workout (different to above)

All are followed by 10 mins of stretching.

Any opinions welcome and thanks in advance! I realise I have probably mangled the names of excercises, sorry...