Options
2»

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm considering getting the Up3 when it comes out, has anyone maintained for a while using a Jawbone or Bodymedia? Just curious about how accurate they really are.

Have they announced when they're releasing it?

I didn't even know it was delayed... Still don't even know if it will require a subscription or not.

I remember someone in December was supposed to get one a little after Christmas & then Jawbone delayed it.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I loved my BodyMedia. I too, think it's the most accurate tracker for many activities. I don't love the arm-band. I've had a fitbit and now a Garmin vivofit (given to me by work). I find both to be pretty useless for anything other than running and steps. If the Garmin wasn't free I'd hate it.

At least the BodyMedia is smart. No, it doesn't track every activity perfectly, but at least it knows when you're asleep (you don't have to tell it), can track yoga and weightlifting pretty well, and actually knows that house cleaning and other activities where you're standing more than walking actually do burn calories. My Garmin tracks me as inactive when I'm doing things like housework and I know better.

I've been using the BodyMedia numbers I established when I used it for a couple years now with great success. If I went by the Garmin I'd be scrawny and starving since it consistently gives me 200-300 calories less per day.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have UP24 and love it. Got it at Xmas and totally addicted. I lift 6 days a week with a 2 mile run before each session. I find it pretty accurate. I'm working on a recomp, so now I'm eating at maintenance calories which is about 1650-1700. I find it accurate since I did not gain weight after increasing my calories from 1350. Was seriously worried that I'd pack on weight.
  • mamatothelils
    mamatothelils Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love my Jawbone UP24...Its comfortable, and accurate based on reading the history of days I was not so active vs. really active. Also, I like that the app is easy to use.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just got my UP24 a few days ago, I love the tracking, and sync with fitnesspal.. I even like the smart coach, with it's tips and motivation.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Bumping since BodyMedia is no longer supporting their devices - what does everyone plan to change to?

@evileen99 I remember we talked in another thread about loving the BMF and buying a backup unit - what are you planning to do?
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    Bumping since BodyMedia is no longer supporting their devices - what does everyone plan to change to?

@evileen99 I remember we talked in another thread about loving the BMF and buying a backup unit - what are you planning to do?
    @PeachyPlum

I don't know. I don't want a wrist unit as I have a very small frame and the friends' bands that I've tried on just don't fit right, so that leaves me looking at clip ons. I won't get a Jawbone because I'm so mad that they wouldn't keep supporting B odyMedia devices (seriously, they would have made more money off of me by taking my subscription fees than they would if I just bought a device). I'm looking at the Misfit Flash because it's so cheap, but you get what you pay for.....I will probably end up with a FitBit but am not too happy about any options as most if my workouts are not step based so none of them will be as accurate as the BodyMedia.
  • TerriP564
    TerriP564 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for something with the same level of accuracy and reliability as the Bodymedia Fit. Any suggestions? So upset that Jawbone ended our ability to use a PAID service :(
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    this is helpful for me as well. I'm too broke now, but come summer i'm going to be looking at getting either a jawbone, or the under armour health box (I'm waiting on reviews to decide) but i've already ruled out fitbit.