Always feel cold when losing weight :(

Options
2»

Replies

• streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yep, always cold now. I sleep with two blankets more than my hubby and put a space heater at my desk.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    norie92 wrote: »
    I always just take a hot shower when I'm cold or a cold shower when I'm hot. Beats the price of heating/cooling electricity costs.

I crank up the heat prior to showering during the winter, can't stand the idea of stepping out of a shower all soaking wet into a drafty cold house. So a hot shower doesn't help me save on electricity one bit. A cold shower during summer works well enough, though.

Our electricity costs have been the highest ever this winter, and I'm sure it's because I have a much lower tolerance than ever for being cold, due to losing a lot of my insulation.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    I always just take a hot shower when I'm cold or a cold shower when I'm hot. Beats the price of heating/cooling electricity costs.

I crank up the heat prior to showering during the winter, can't stand the idea of stepping out of a shower all soaking wet into a drafty cold house. So a hot shower doesn't help me save on electricity one bit. A cold shower during summer works well enough, though.

Our electricity costs have been the highest ever this winter, and I'm sure it's because I have a much lower tolerance than ever for being cold, due to losing a lot of my insulation.

haha same here. I make sure the house is warm before I have a shower. Even then I bolt from the bedroom to the bathroom and back again after to quickly get dressed!!

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »

haha same here. I make sure the house is warm before I have a shower. Even then I bolt from the bedroom to the bathroom and back again after to quickly get dressed!!

Ha, yep I do exactly that too. :)