Will I ever loose my gut

Options
2»

Replies

• palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't care about sagging skin or stretch marks that much. I had three babies and those stretch marks are just my battle scars that I am proud of. I actually used to tell myself that my big stomach was because I had stretched my muscles out so much from being pregnant, when it was all fat! Duh!
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Never be beach body ready? Never say never. You might be surprised! Just see what time and hard work brings.
  • Amy512tx
    Amy512tx Posts: 6
    Options
    My gut was one of the last things to go unfortunately.
  • SonofNorthernDarkness
    Options
    yea, i'll never be beach body ready
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    If you keep working and get to a low enough BF% you will absolutely lose the belly fat. But like others have mentioned your body will not work the same as, say, mine. I'm extremely lucky, my belly fat is one of the first areas my body tends to let go of, so when I lose 20 pounds, my belly looks much flatter. However, the places I would prefer to lose fat hang on for longer (inner thighs, breasts, arms) and a lot of other people lose that more quickly. Just is what it is.
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It's certainly possible.

Mine was ALL gut (54 pounds worth).

Now it's "bikini ready".

Just keep losing and you'll be fine.

10952998_898026266884608_1407735462484452103_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9

10974159_899924020028166_8479210728599025365_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9

Wow amazing job!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Those six paks you see are primarily due to nutrition. All those calories that people want to not call bad...show up in our gut.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    The gut is the last to go unfortunately, I'm in the 23% body fat range now and I still have a small one, I'm hoping to slightly lower my bf and that will do the trick but its not the be all end all either, these days I'm in pretty good shape and proud of my accomplishments :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    Those six paks you see are primarily due to nutrition. All those calories that people want to not call bad...show up in our gut.
    Low body fat is the reason for 6 pack abs. Lots and lots of teenage boys have them and I would bet dollars to donuts that their nutrition ISN'T even close to being "clean". Burn more than you consume and have a low body fat percentage.................boom 6 pack.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• urloved33
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Low body fat is the reason for 6 pack abs. Lots and lots of teenage boys have them and I would bet dollars to donuts that their nutrition ISN'T even close to being "clean". Burn more than you consume and have a low body fat percentage.................boom 6 pack.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

If you metabolism is that of an active child and you do a lot of ab work...that may work. I thought you were a grown up asking how to get those lean abs...if you are its what you are putting in your mouth.

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

If you metabolism is that of an active child and you do a lot of ab work...that may work. I thought you were a grown up asking how to get those lean abs...if you are its what you are putting in your mouth.

Do the laws of physics change when you hit 20?

It doesn't matter how old you are, visible abs is due to low body fat. Period.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I have never had a flat stomach, even at my thinnest, and I gained lots in my pregnancies. This is me after my 2nd (I was 35 in this pic, my little girl was just 2):

SAM_2971.jpg
    upload imagem

I needed more work on my stomach and thighs, but I had gone from this:
    100_2010.jpg
    images hosting

I'm now 37 and I had a third baby last year (I got pregnant about 2 months after the bikini photo) and I'm working my way back to a weight where I'm happy. I don't plan on having more children and I think if I put the work in I can decrease my body fat percentage to lower than it was.
  • jockquelenewashington
    Options
    I've been eating clean and working out daily now for 22 days. My stomach is losing fat nicely. tpf72l87whl4.jpg
    9b05xr9nr1h1.jpg
    uccpwucun2xj.jpg
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I am now at my goal weight, ok actually a little under and still have a little bit of a belly - at a size 4 pants. Luckily it doesn't really show in clothes and I don't plan on wearing a bikini this summer. I did have 2 c-sections and I believe genetics plays a huge role in your tummy. Unfortunately, on that score, both sides of the genetic equation have tummies. I feel fortunate to have lost my weight and can live with my small pudge. It went from multiple rolls and a belly to just the belly.

With that said, I have a hinky feeling that if I eliminated sugar and grains from my diet, that belly would shrink a little more. However, I am not willing to get that drastic unless my health depends on it. I have already cut added sugars and grains down as far as I am willing to go. After a few more months of maintaining at this size, I am going to look into cool sculpting, a procedure where it freezes fat cells and they eventually get eliminated from the body. It's not surgery but it could be helpful down the line.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I'm more than halfway to my goal. I've lost about a million inches overall. I have lost one measly inch on the pot belly. One.
    Sorry, no advice. Just wanted to randomly moan a bit. Good luck!
  • urloved33
    edited March 2015
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Do the laws of physics change when you hit 20?

It doesn't matter how old you are, visible abs is due to low body fat. Period.

and you get there through nutrition.

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I'm more than halfway to my goal. I've lost about a million inches overall. I have lost one measly inch on the pot belly. One.

You just have the best avatar ever! Keep on keepin on, the stomach has to go eventually!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it and it will come.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options

You just have the best avatar ever! Keep on keepin on, the stomach has to go eventually!

Haha! Thanks :D And yes, it will go. Will probably be the last thing to, but it will. You hang in there too. :)