veggies and protein lunches

Options
hi. what are some ways to eat veggies cold at work which kinds of veggies and low fat protein. I do not have access to a microwave. also ways to fix veggies at home is appreciated.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Big salads. Lightly steamed, cold broccoli and cauliflower are great.

I love lightly steamed veggies always. Roasted with oil, garlic and salt is awesome too.
    Stir fried veggies are amazing.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I like to cut up broccoli, cauliflower, romanesco into florets, carrots, cucumber, kohlrabi, rutabaga or beets into sticks, and eat them raw.

For protein, I like cheese, milk, yogurt, nuts, nut butters, beef jerky, sliced ham/cold cuts, sardines.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    • Sandwiches, wraps, salads.
    • Raw carrots/celery with peanut butter or hummus or greek yogurt as a dip
    • If you have access to a fridge you could make protein shakes/smoothies/juices
    • Any low or nonfat cheeses with crackers or veggies or grapes
    • String Cheese
    • Those little veggie packs for kids that come with dip or almonds or cheese
    • Veggie or sweet potato chips
    • Protein muffins you can make at home
    • Protein bars
    • Beef Jerky
  • Wreathy
    Wreathy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Salads: I love salmon salad - with lettuce/meslun, bell peppers, cucumber, carrot, raddish, avocado, tomato etc. Salmon is high kjs so I won't add other protein usually. If I have chicken as main protein I may add feta cheese or 20gs of hummus. I aim to make my salad 1500-1600 kjs (357-380 cals). Salads won't reach that without protein.

Also - roast vegetable salad is great sometimes too (feta again for protein, possibly chicken). I roast eggplant, kumara (sweet potato), potato, pumpkin - tossed with fresh rosemary it's lovely.
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. I will try some of these I have never been fond of salad I think I don't like lettuce but it maybe be time to try it again it has been awhile
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    My go-to work lunch for ever consisted of a two-cup plastic container with 2 TBSP of hummus at the bottom and topped with sliced cherry tomatoes, slices carrots and sliced avocado, along with a carton of fat free greek yogurt (or two cartons) and an apple to end the meal with.
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    thanks. I may have to try hummus?