Dancing for toning

Options
i need to tone up more. Started getting back into zumba and dance. Anyone else interested or doing this and saw results?

Replies

• twrobbel
    twrobbel Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I do zumba 2-3x a week with an instuctor who is in many of the Zumba videos- so super intense and I bellydance each week (in a troupe and perform- so at an intense level). That being said, it helps to burn calories and there were slight changes in the hip area when I started to do Zumba. But I saw more results in a much, much faster timeframe doing progressive lifting. I do Zumba because I love it and it helps keeps my cardio strong- which I need when bellydancing at shows (nobody wants to see a panting bellydancer- kind of takes away from the "magic" of it all-lol).

I also noticed very quick results in how much better my dancing (belly and Zumba) is, even after the first week of lifting- so win, win!
  • eva_letsdance
    eva_letsdance Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That was a helpful comment. I will try that.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mjkjcqO7i61s823ndo1_500.gif

• eva_letsdance
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »

lol is that you in the middle?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

getting the most milage you can out of this thing eh?
  • mandychowx
    mandychowx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    As long as you're doing some form of exercise, youll see results :D
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I know this is 4 days late, but I have to chime in. I LOVE my bellydance class. We really work up a sweat most days. :-)
  • urloved33
    Options
    stripper_bunny.gif

• Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I started doing Zumba. It is really fun and there are different dances that you can do. Some are for legs, core, arms, etc.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by toning?
  • eva_letsdance
    Options
    fbmandy55 wrote: »
    What do you mean by toning?

For leanness throughout the body
  • urloved33
    Options
    I have never had better, stronger, shaplier legs than when I danced twice a week.
  • belecvibor15
    belecvibor15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    cicamica77 wrote: »
    i need to tone up more. Started getting back into zumba and dance. Anyone else interested or doing this and saw results?
    Hi, I couldn't skip this post when I saw it! :) When I was going out and was dancing all night and the day after a bit, I was fit so much! It completely changed everything when I stopped going out-although I still listen to house music ;)
  • jazzyjez
    jazzyjez Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It depends on the kind of dance and your instruction. I think social dancing is different than serious study. But if you take ballet, modern or jazz it's all about creating long, lean muscles. Ballet is very intense and you use all of your body for every exercise. Personally, I just love exercising to music!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    You will see longer leaner results if you are eating less than you are burning... So yes, if you are dancing and watching what you eat, then you will see results. But if you are dancing and eating more than you are burning, sadly you won't see any change (at least not for the better).

congrats for finding something you love to do, that is active and fun!
  • eva_letsdance
    Options
    I have never had better, stronger, shaplier legs than when I danced twice a week.

The same goes for me. At one point I looked at my legs and thought, wow, tgis really works. :)
  • eva_letsdance
    Options
    cicamica77 wrote: »
    Hi, I couldn't skip this post when I saw it! :) When I was going out and was dancing all night and the day after a bit, I was fit so much! It completely changed everything when I stopped going out-although I still listen to house music ;)

Start going out again and dance!!!! I was a zumba instructor for 3 yrs and did latin dance every saturday. I took a long break and I am back at it and it is like I never stopped, except for being more flabby (for now) :)
  • belecvibor15
    belecvibor15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I certainly will, just got to get out of my apartment and start going out a bit more! :) Dancing is great way to lose calories and having fun at the same time! :wink:
  • Hulagirl_Tiki
    Hulagirl_Tiki Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been dancing on and off since I wa four. I always go back to it because I love it and I get great results. Running is a quick way to slim down but it doesn't motivate me as much and I hate that I can't do both, so dancing wins. I typically do dance as my warm up cardio and then follow with strength for the best results. When I'm in a rut I pull out the Wii and Just Dance lol.
  • eva_letsdance
    Options
    I like Just Dance.