Options
2»

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    I save over half my calories for the supper / evening time period. It works for me. :)

This works. I do intermittent fasting. I'm usually way too full after supper to even consider snacking.

I do this as well, I do not eat until 12pm, I have never really been hungry in the a.m. so I eat lunch/big dinner

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    intermittent fasting.....explain. I think of my body as a furnace. So I "stoke it" with foods now and then, so the pilot light doesn't totally go out.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Me too - when the kids are in bed and the husband is either working late or to bed early. Very hard to resist. I seem to be the only person who ever mentions a drink - I really love a glass of wine in the evening! I've cut back and now have none in the house to tempt me!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    I save over half my calories for the supper / evening time period. It works for me. :)

Me too! Today at 5pm, I still had 1300 or my 1800 calories left for the day. Im now down to 600, that I plan on eating between 8-11pm.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Most days I skip dinner and just snack all night (while still making sure I hit my macros). I get in my fruit and veggies and breakfast and dinner so I've already hit most micros by then. I know I'm gonna wanna snack after dinner anyway so I figure if it makes me not overeat I might as well just go with it
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    "I really love a glass of wine in the evening! I've cut back and now have none in the house to tempt me! "

Oh yeah! I'm with you there. I keep it out of the house too. I don't think you should go to bed with your stomach growling, so if a snack helps keep that at bay, then enjoy it. But if you are eating out of boredom, I would recommend going to bed earlier (don't we all need more sleep?).

I think also you should figure out what your normal eating patterns are. Some people are snackers. I eat five small meals throughout the day because I enjoy eating every three hours. I have other friends who are all about three squares a day and never snack. So it depends on what works for you.

But if unconscious nibbling is what you are doing while you are reading or watching the telly, then maybe try to be aware of that and really see if those calories are worth the pleasure. And are those calories a pleasure or are you just eating to do something?

It's all a mental game, isn't it?