Anyone have any good frozen-banana recipes?

Options
ravebloodnymph
ravebloodnymph Posts: 4 Member
I've heard that you can freeze ripe bananas and use them to make smoothies, but I don't know quite what to do, or what to add, to make a good smoothie/milkshake. Anyone have any good recipes?

Replies

• algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I simply peel the banana and toss it in a freezer bag. When I want a smoothie, or really something cold and sweet, I break the frozen banana into chunks and toss it in my blender along with some frozen strawberries or blueberries, a scoop of protein powder and either water or skim milk. Let the blender do its thing and it really does taste and feel like a milkshake! Especially with the milk.

Be patient... there are some really creative folks on this site. You are bound to get some awesome ideas.:smile:
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Peel and cut 2 ripe bananas into chunks and freeze. In a separate container, freeze 1/2 cup of chocolate soymilk or almond milk. When ready to eat, pop in microwave for 30 seconds, then blend together. Delicious!! You can also just do the bananas on their own...but I love it so much more with the milk!
    Add in some peanut butter or maple syrup for extra yumminess!
  • ToryCarr
    ToryCarr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have been obsessed with eating this as my dessert or lunch! Here's my recipe:
    1 frozen banana
    2 tablespoons of PB2
    1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
    1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup (you could use powder for less calories)
    Few ice cubes

Throw all of it in a blender! So delisious! Curious to hear more recipes!
  • annahcash
    annahcash Posts: 7
    Options
    I LOVE frozen banana smoothies/milkshakes. It really is just put whatever you want into a blender that you think will taste good, and it usually does.

For me, I love mixing a cup of sliced frozen bananas, 2 tbsp of peanut butter, half a cup of plain soy milk, and a little vanilla extract, then blending all that together. It tastes just like a milkshake, I even sometimes add dark choco chips after its done blending.

That recipe I based on this one:
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/09/01/peanut-butter-cookie-dough-milkshake/
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I make soft serve using the frozen banana:

1 frozen banana, sliced
    1 oz Greek Yogurt
    1 oz Unsweetened Almond Milk
    1 packet Truvia
    12g PB2

Blend until smooth.

Sometimes I'll just use 2 oz of the Almond milk, and no Truvia.
  • Equina
    Equina Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This...love these
    1 medium banana diced into 24 slices 4 Tbsp Chocolate PB2 (or regular PB2) Freeze for 3-4 hours (I could only wait 5 minutes) 18 calories each 4g carbs 1g protein (wish there were more, but alas, it is just a snack) 2g sugar Regular peanut butter is also to DIE for with these, but I wanted to cut some calories and fat because I basically have NO self control when these are in my freezer. Also deli
  • Equina
    Equina Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sorry, tried to post picture of these adorable, yummy banana "sandwiches' but failed. Search banana pb2 bites and you will find it...