Insanity week 5: Squishy Belly Woes

Options
Hi All,

I am in my 5th week of Insanity (will be completing week 5 tomorrow).

I have lost 2-3 kgs or even more and I can visibly see my shoulders toned and inches lost on my waist & belly.

But what troubles me is that enough belly fat is still visible which is squishy and softer than before.

I fear this might not go or cause stretch marks when it goes.

I've written about this before and people have addressed it saying every body will take its own time to lose fat. Most of the times belly fat is the last to go.

I still have month 2 to go so I am hoping the *kitten* busting month 2 will lead to me havin flatter abs.

Kindly advise if I am missing something or something you think I should know.

Thanks

Replies

• jblackjr
    jblackjr Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wish I had an answer for you but I"m experience the same thing. I'm down to 17% body fat and I think its all in my belly. I can tighten my abs and they are pretty solid there is just this layer of belly fat that I can't seem to shake. Right now I am doing the 30 day shred and hoping when I am done I will be able to see a noticable difference in my stomach area. Unfortunetly I think a lot of this is genetic and more difficult for some people to get rid of.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I am having similar woes. Not just in abs but glutes too

We need to burn off that little bit of fat. There is no other solution. I feel your pain. It is frustrating, but subcutaneous fat is mobile, hence the squishy.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    The answer is 2 fold...nutrition and resistance training. Cardio is not the end all for fat burning. You have probably heard before abs are made in the kitchen. That is the true. In order to really get rid of the fat you really have to buckle down on your nutrition and start stregnth training. Having done Insanity my suggestion would be complete Insanity (it is a great program and will def get results) then move onto Asylum which offers cardio and strength training. I have seen better/more results from doing Asylum Vol 1 and 2 than I did during Insanity. Insanity was a great kick start, I lost lbs and inches but to get really defined you need to add weights. I also have changed my macros to a high protein and carb deit (good carbs) and have seen great results.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    The answer is 2 fold...nutrition and resistance training. Cardio is not the end all for fat burning. You have probably heard before abs are made in the kitchen. That is the true. In order to really get rid of the fat you really have to buckle down on your nutrition and start stregnth training. Having done Insanity my suggestion would be complete Insanity (it is a great program and will def get results) then move onto Asylum which offers cardio and strength training. I have seen better/more results from doing Asylum Vol 1 and 2 than I did during Insanity. Insanity was a great kick start, I lost lbs and inches but to get really defined you need to add weights. I also have changed my macros to a high protein and carb deit (good carbs) and have seen great results.

^^THIS^^

I do P90X / Insanity hybrid to get my strength training in. My belly is still squishy, but not as bad as when I started. Be patient and definitely be watching what you eat!!
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Dont forget you are losing fat on your abdomen which will leave loose skin. It takes a bit to firm up the skin. If you dont have stretch marks now then you shouldnt have them when you lose the fat (stretch marks are created during the stretching process, not the shrinking process). A good way to see if you already have them is stretch the skin slightly in the direction opposite of expansion (for the stomach, usually down) and see if you see any wrinkles or ripples in the skin where it looks thinner or puffier. If you dont see anything then you should be good to go.

I have lost quite a bit in my stomach and I have loose skin. I agree, the fat definitely feels squishier underneath than it used to.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Like a deflating balloon, I know the feeling. I'm feeling muscle soreness in my abs WAAAY more in month 2 than month 1, I'm moving into week 8 right now : Fit Test #4 today!
  • TarPMes
    TarPMes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, On day 26 of insanity today. Feeling good but I hear I am going to need some extra support when it comes to month two. Has anyone gotten there yet? What are you doing to get though it? I bought Beachbody's "EE" formula that they suggest, because it was on sale, and got it yesterday in the mail. I used it this morning before I did pure cardio and cardio abs and it seemed to work gave me a great boost of energy! Has anyone else used it? If you don't know what I am talking about here is the link ... http://bit.ly/15SBQcY