Juicing I need help!!!!

Options
Does any body know a good vegetable mix with fruit juice?? One that can keep u full for a couple hours???but veggies mix with fruits that tastes really good

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Juicing to replace a meal isn't a good approach to weight loss. While you are creating a calorie deficit, liquid dieting has one of the worst regain/fail rates due to the fact that they don't teach you how to eat food in portion or control.
    Juice to supplement, not replace.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    1 cup water, 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1 banana (or omit for lower calories and sugar but it wont be as fruity), 1 granny smith apple cored and sliced but keep the peeling, 1/2 cup cucumber, 2 cups spinach, 2tbsp lemon juice. It is DELICIOUS. I drink it every morning just because I am not a breakfast person and this allows me to get my "meal" in the morning. :)
  • txfrankie0823
    txfrankie0823 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Juicing to replace a meal isn't a good approach to weight loss. While you are creating a calorie deficit, liquid dieting has one of the worst regain/fail rates due to the fact that they don't teach you how to eat food in portion or control.
    Juice to supplement, not replace.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I am not replacing is like a snack u know not a meal
  • txfrankie0823
    Options
    1 cup water, 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1 banana (or omit for lower calories and sugar but it wont be as fruity), 1 granny smith apple cored and sliced but keep the peeling, 1/2 cup cucumber, 2 cups spinach, 2tbsp lemon juice. It is DELICIOUS. I drink it every morning just because I am not a breakfast person and this allows me to get my "meal" in the morning. :)

Thanks
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options

That is a smoothie, not a juice. With a juice, you filter out all the fiber and other solids, which makes it much less filling and nutritious.
  • txfrankie0823
    Options
    So do u know any good ones??
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Juice is, by definition, a liquid that has had everything filling removed from it. I don't know if anyone has a juice recipe that will keep you full for a couple hours.
  • txfrankie0823
    Options

Juice is, by definition, a liquid that has had everything filling removed from it. I don't know if anyone has a juice recipe that will keep you full for a couple hours.

Not hours it's just a drink I want to have so I can get nutrients I'm not a big fan of veggies I just bought a blendtec
    I want to make some
  • txfrankie0823
    Options
    I'm leaving the skin on everything I can not on oranges or lemons I buy organic veggies so I'll leave skin
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't think anything without protein/fat is going to keep you full for a couple of hours. What about eating some greek yogurt or cottage cheese instead?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Not hours it's just a drink I want to have so I can get nutrients I'm not a big fan of veggies I just bought a blendtec
    I want to make some

Okay, well, your initial post said a couple of hours.

Do you have a blender or a juicer? I think you might be looking for smoothie recipes. There are several threads on those that might have some ideas for you.

• txfrankie0823
    Options

I want to make some

Do you have a blender or a juicer? I think you might be looking for smoothie recipes. There are several threads on those that might have some ideas for you.

It's a blend tec it awesome lol

• txfrankie0823
    Options

I want to make some

• txfrankie0823
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »
    Personally, I don't think anything without protein/fat is going to keep you full for a couple of hours. What about eating some greek yogurt or cottage cheese instead?

I do I just want a juice I can drink while I eat a good breakfast
  • Generic_Excuse
    edited March 2015
    Options
    lngrunert wrote: »

That is a smoothie, not a juice. With a juice, you filter out all the fiber and other solids, which makes it much less filling and nutritious.

Oh I see. Well if using a juicer maybe you could try this still but not frozen strawberries? I am not sure. But if you ever want an awesome smoothie there ya go haha
  • txfrankie0823
    Options
    lngrunert wrote: »

Oh I see. Well maybe you could try this still but not frozen strawberries? I am not sure. But if you ever want an awesome smoothie there ya go haha

Hahaha thank u tho :)

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Blendtec is a blender not a juicer, so you need smoothie recipes.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    OK, OP wants SMOOTHIE ideas, not juice.

To keep you full longer, blend some greek yogurt with fruit and TRY to slide a few veg in there, to keep nutrients up and sugar down....If your cup isn't clear, try spinach and a bit of PB2 with frozen strawberries. I also like fresh mint and cauliflower in a yogurt smoothie.

If you like "slushy" frozen smoothies, fill an ice cube tray with greek yogurt or almond milk and use the cubes in your smoothie.
  • Generic_Excuse
    Options
    http://thegreenforks.com/category/smoothies/ I love this site and there are definitely some smoothies here that sneak in veggies while being AMAZING :)
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite juice is

1 large apple
    2 red beets
    large handful of spinach
    1 large carrot
    3 large stalks of celery.