Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Are you counting steps? What motivates you to workout as hard as you do?

veanna111
veanna111 Posts: 22
edited March 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Out of curiosity, on average how many steps do you take in a day? Also I'm wondering what motivates you to get the most out of your workout? How long do you workout for and or what types of exercises do u do? Sorry for the 21 questions

Replies

• Lacipeanut
    Lacipeanut Posts: 28 Member
    Hi...

Steps: Depends on the day and what I'm doing. I am for about 10,000 but sometimes don't make it. I also swim several times a week and I'm finding those are the days I don't tend to hit my steps. On the other hand, I am meeting my fitness goals, so I'm less worried about the steps.

Motivation: I'm tired of being fat. And I have a Misfit Shine and I feel guilty as heck if I don't meet my goal for the day. And once I've met my physical activity goal I feel bad about eating garbage. I also sleep better and have less stress when I exercise daily, so it's worth every sweaty moment.

What/How long: Again, depends on the workout. I swim for 30 - 40 minutes a few times a week. I walk for about an hour. I am starting to add ARC trainers, weights, and bicycling in as well. I have a rowing machine at home (most of the time I'm at the gym), so I'll start adding that in on days I don't feel like getting my butt to the gym.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Between 8-12K depending on the day. I do a 50/50 cardio/weight regime so my weight days my steps will be closer to 8K.

I work a desk job and I make it a point to get up and walk every hour or so and then do some flights of stairs to get the heart rate up.

Typically my workouts are Insanity/T25 on cardio days and Body Beast on weight days.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,435 Member
    veanna111 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, on average how many steps do you take in a day? Also I'm wondering what motivates you to get the most out of your workout? How long do you workout for and or what types of exercises do u do? Sorry for the 21 questions

Steps ... no idea. I track the distance I walk.

The more I workout ... the more I can eat (moderately) ... the more weight I lose.

Cycling and walking mainly ... I aim for 60+ minutes a day.

• likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Same here. I track the distance (always between 10 and 15k)...I like to earn myself some more calories to eat. Today however is a day with not much walking, since I have important meetings at work and was too lazy to pack dress shoes and walk, so i put them on and took the train)...I will go to Ikea lonight...so this might be a way to step up (pun intended) my game later on B)