help,,,,my weight loss diet has gone too far!!!

Options
de1amo
de1amo Posts: 266 Member
i have lost all my fat and a lot of muscle due to dieting too quickly and now i need to build some muscle (avoiding fat)--people are thinking i am very ill who havent seen me in a while!!

Replies

• lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Oh that's a shame! Unfortunately, it's a difficult one to combat. Make sure you eat adequate protein (which really isn't very much) but there is no need to be excessive. The way to build muscle is to eat the right amount of calories (ie more than you require) and match it sufficiently with exercise because obviously it's going to be the exercise that builds the muscle. A very hard thing to do! Good luck!
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    stats please :)

Beginning weight
    weight now
    body fat %
    Time since beginning weight to now

you MAY need to call in professionals if it's dangerous to your health! *dietition, nutritionalist, trainer etc*

but maybe don't fret, I got dumped in a bad bad way last year, which rendered me homelss overnight, the stress caused me to lose *not a word of a lie* 15 lbs in 8 days! I was 117 lbs! (I was 175 at my heaviest) ... but I gained 10 lbs in a healthy way by eating every few hours and strength training .... but need stats to see how drastic this was! lol
  • de1amo
    Options
    i started at 85kgs in April -187lbs and now i am 158lbs --i was averagely muscled and have just lost lots of muscle and still have a belly--my body fat at lean plus 15pc should be 68,5kgs(150lbs) but everyone thinks i am ill because i have gone thin where the muscle was --i dont know how to do the maths on my current fat rate i just know the goal--i get a figure of 18pc from my dodgy maths -my lean weight is 59,6kgs/131lbs!
    i can follow any diet and work out as much as necessary becuae i have time and motivation and belong to a gym with a (rather useless) nutritionalist!!
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Ok, well what I would recommend (since you still have some fat you want to lose) is to set your MFP to 'maintenance calories'. Make sure you are doing plenty of regular exercise and eat all of your exercise calories. That might help you even it out a bit. Alternatively, if you wanted to get some weight back on more quickly (and don't care too much about coming back to the belly later) then perhaps you could add some calories to your maintenance... perhaps 200cal per day? Then when you are happy with the muscle, you could try to lose the extra fat more slowly (and therefore hopefully not lose more muscle). The second appproach is perhaps a bit more risky though because if your exercise is not 'just right' you will gain more fat.
  • de1amo
    Options
    i am new here --well i dont know how to set a change in my settings? maintenance with the right training zone sounds right--i think my belly looks big because my chest has gone so narrow--its proportions and tone that are wrong
  • de1amo
    Options
    i found my settings and now i have gone up 50pc in my calorie allowance --was 1200 up to nearly 1800--i have no idea how i am going to turn that amount around and keep exercising--before i joined here i was living on 1000 calories regardless of the amount of exercise--yesterday i was 663 calories under my target calories on a exercise day!
    i eat healthily and dont want to eat hollow calories just to boost the numbers!!