help!...I am on 1600 calorie diet...400 calorie meals and 200 calorie snack recipes needed

Options
I

Replies

• magi65
    magi65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i have a homemade veggiefruit juice at brekkie sets me up for the day around 200 calories:)10 carrots 1 lemon 1 apple and a thumb of ginger put through a juicer
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1600. My diary is open, feel free to look.
  • saleetad
    saleetad Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    OK thank you
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Steamfresh microwave rice and veggies... I'm a college student so I usually stock my freezer up with them since they're only $1 per bag. A bag of white rice has two servings, but for the full bag it's only 360 calories and then with a bunch of, say, broccoli cutlets in there it's only ~400 calories for the whole meal. If you were to do half the bag, some veggies and some chicken, you'd still be around or under 400 calories and probably would feel more full.

I'm also a fan of rice cakes and yogurt. At Aldi, they have these caramel rice cakes that are so good and only 50 calories per cake--so if you grab a 100 calorie Greek yogurt (any brand has them) and 2 rice cakes, you've got a 200 calorie snack with both protein and something for your sweet tooth. Makes a good "dessert", too!
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Do the Greek yogurt with protein and fruit for only 80 calories and add a banana or make it into a smoothie for about 180 calories. The more protein you eat the fuller you will feel.
  • saleetad
    saleetad Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will try it out