help!!!

Options
Hi!

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but anyhow, my name is Amou. I'm 24 years old, 5'7.5, and was 228 lbs at my last weigh in. I'm looking to loose a great deal of weight, (for now, I'm not sure how much is ideal for my body type), and I'm thinking of doing it in15 lb. increments over the next 1.5 years.

I'm coming to this forum because I'm stuck in a rut. Over the years I've invested so much money in workout equipment, meal plans, and most recently, a trainer, not to mention physical and emotional energy, and I keep finding myself further and further from my goals. I'm ready for a refresher... Ready to treat this journey with the attention, patience, and understanding that a body transformation deserves. Hoping to gain some companionship and realistic insight through this group.

I would love to hear from anyone who is open to share about their journey, and is looking to gain a new fitness buddy!

Thanks for reading and hoping to connect soon!

Amou

Replies

• Pelamblue
    Pelamblue Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Feel free to ad me mate. It's hard to stay focused but you have come to the right place to do it. Just adding your food on here keeps you motivated, and away from the bad stuff. A community of like minded people will help massively. Good luck and keep your goal in focus.
    I have trained for years and have a huge intrest in health and nutrition, so any advice you need don't hesitate to ask
  • 16SaKy
    16SaKy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Amou,

At 49 years old, I can tell you that this process is a journey. I too have spent a lot of time and money in the effort to lose and maintain a healthy weight. I find that consistency and not perfection have been key components. Meaning its ok when I get off track as long as I go back to doing the things that I know will get me the results I crave. I've been with a trainer for 4 years now and I go back and forth with tracking my food intake with MyFitnessPal. This site works when used in conjunction with eating good healthy foods (and some not so healthy). It's a good means of accountability. I find that when I can see where I possibly go wrong in my food choices, I tend to try to do better at the next meal. I also now have a Fitbit that I have sync to my FitnessPal profile. It tracks my activity (steps walked) and automatically adjusts my allotted calories for that day. But I usually try to stay around 1200 to achieve weight loss.

I can’t promise I will post or respond to posts daily, but I do want to offer you some encouragement because you are doing the right thing for your current and future health. Pick your trainers brain for as much information as possible. Make it your mission to learn as much as possible about proper nutrition and exercise. This is what I’ve attempted to do with my trainer and she’s been a Huge Blessing.

Best regards,

16SaKy (Derry)
  • swinefish
    swinefish Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that you finally seem to have the commitment to do this. I really know your position. I'm 26, about the same height, and my current weight after having lost 15kg is about the same as yours. So I do know how tough it can be to really lose the weight.

I've also spent money on equipment, diets and personal trainers, all to no avail. I've lost weight with diets, but like so many similar stories, I gained it all back within a few months. I never consistently stuck to any workout, and so even when I had a trainer my time outside of gym was what killed my progress.

You have come to right place. Calorie counting has brought me more success than anything else. As has already been mentioned, simply logging your food keeps you on track with what you are eating and how much it should be. What has also helped me immeasurably this year is that my parents are on board with the programme, and are also counting calories and losing weight. If you live with someone, try to get them on board - it can be the best possible help.

And if you want friends on this site, feel free to add me. I may not have the same knowledge as some other people, but I'm always willing to help.
  • SarahPower84
    SarahPower84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm on a similar journey with quite a bit more to lose. I've had some good success with a personal trainer for a year but am starting my own path now. Would love to connect and chat anytime!
  • AmouAjang
    Options
    @SarahPower84‌ Hi Lady! I added you and I'm looking forward to being your fitness buddy. Please don't be shy about reaching out to me, and I plan not to as well.
  • AmouAjang
    Options
    @Pelamblue‌ thanks for offering yourself as a resource! I can tell you're gonna be a valuable friend to have on here. I added you