not getting anywhere

Options
zotastic
zotastic Posts: 10 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Ive been using mfp for about 6 weeks now and I started off losing roughly a pound a week, now I havent really lost since then everytime I weigh myself it hasnt changed its beginning to get frustrating any tips? I usually eat my calorie goal and I log everything I eat.

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you stopped losing weight?
  • zotastic
    Options
    The Last two weeks
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear, some weeks you'll lose, some you'll stay the same, some you'll gain. Not losing anything for a week or two is perfectly normal, just stick with what you're doing. That said...

Make sure you weigh everything you eat with a food scale if you're not already. Do you weigh once a week or everyday? If you weigh once a week you may have lost more weight than you think. We all fluctuate everyday, so it's possible that you just weighed on a day that you were fluctuating, so you may have weighed less the day before and the day after. I've had loads of times where I've weighed, say, 123lbs one day, then 124.5 the next, then back down to 123 the day after. Just something to bear in mind.

Ultimately just stick with what you're doing. If it gets to a month and you still haven't lost anything then it's worth double checking that you're definitely measuring your calories accurately, but for now don't worry too much, the weight will most likely start shifting again soon!
  • hhnkhl
    hhnkhl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    It could be water weight.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    You have less than 10lbs to go. Your calorie goal is probably too aggressive. Setting it for more than .5lbs a week is probably advisable. Consistency and Patience at this stage of the game. Hang in there. Log religiously, weigh/measure what you can, limit portions everywhere else.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Water weight fluctuations can result in the scale staying put for a while. But eating less can overcome even water weight fluctuations.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I recently went up almost two pounds (after having been following my plan since last Thanksgiving) and my weight went up and down right around the same area for two weeks. Then all of a sudden I dropped two pounds. I didn't change anything to make the two pounds happen. I just stuck with the plan. Be sure you're being VERY accurate and give it a bit of time; if your weights and measurements (food) and your input of activity levels is correct, you should see things move again eventually.
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    how often are you weighing yourself? If it's once per week then maybe you might do better with daily readings. I hated waiting a week to see if I lost. You will start to see trends in the scale and the foods that you eat. If I have a lot of sodium or carbs, it'll show on the scale for a couple of days.

Here's my chart qtdf583ewkkd.jpg
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i agree with ruggedshutter. i can't wait a full week to see if i've lost. i weigh every day. some days up, some down. but if i gain a bit, then i adjust my food and exercise. if i weigh once per week and gained, then i'm not sure what to adjust. i find it more satisfying to see something every single day.
  • zotastic
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments ive been using your advice